guard "broken"?

archfiend

Am i seeing things or is guard not only transferring damage but also effects? Was in pvp today and had a sorc guarded (i was in stealth) all a sudden im face planting in the ground and I look and a ops has jumped the sorc. We fight for a min and he vanished and hidden strike (knockdown) on the sorc again and boom im face down again.

Does guard actually transfer some effects (knockdowns and snares)?

bug? intended? I'm going crazy?

Guard does NOT transfer anything else than damage.

Of course, if you are in actual guard range for the effect to be active, it is likely to be affected by the same AoEs as the guarded players...because you're close to them obviousy.

edit: It seems there actually is a bug with scoundrel/op's root and knockdown.

Edited by wtfnonamefree

Of course, if you are in actual guard range for the effect to be active, it is likely to be affected by the same AoEs as the guarded players...because you're close to them obviousy.

This. I always have guard active since I got the talent at level 14 back before Christmas. I never ever got stunned/knockbacked/knockdowned when my guarded target was stunned/knockbacked/knockdowned.

appears it does...

or did either way I will have to try and test it to see if it's still doing this or I was just hit with a fluke bug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPwoDNn6Nis

Edited by archfiend

appears it does...

or did either way I will have to try and test it to see if it's still doing this or I was just hit with a fluke bug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPwoDNn6Nis

very interesting thx for psting that vid. i wonder if its working as intended or if thats a bug. based on what the tooltip reads its a bug. but this game doesnt have the most anal tooltips in the world so who knows.

very interesting thx for psting that vid. i wonder if its working as intended or if thats a bug. based on what the tooltip reads its a bug. but this game doesnt have the most anal tooltips in the world so who knows.

in both the vid and my experience this weekend it happens with hidden strike/whatever smugglers is called. I wonder if this "effect" happens with any other abilities?

edit:

the volume is insanely low on the vid but I actually listened to it at the end the guy says that "roots are also bugged as well" meaning that a root will transfer the effect through the guard.

Edited by archfiend

in both the vid and my experience this weekend it happens with hidden strike/whatever smugglers is called. I wonder if this "effect" happens with any other abilities?

edit:

the volume is insanely low on the vid but I actually listened to it at the end the guy says that "roots are also bugged as well" meaning that a root will transfer the effect through the guard.

aye the first thing they tried was the gaurdians leap. What i wonder is if its ALL roots and ALL knockbacks or just certain ones. ill be aiming my knockback on gaurded targets to check if shadows works like this. It would be super nifty to get a double knockdown every 20 seconds lol.

sounds like a bug to me but if it works on all roots and knockbacks then hey it could be intended. a healer and a tank vs anything else 2v2 is super OP anyways.

But it sometimes bugs as well. A mate of mine thought it'd be possible, so I let him try before the beginning of a huttball match (to show him it isn't possible).

I put guard onto him and he was still able to guard another player. This shouldn't and usually isn't possible, but we could reproduce it every time. Regarding game mechanics I highly doubt that the dmg would've been transferred, it probably was just a visual bug (including the buff icons). We didn't find the time to test it, though.

I sometimes noticed having both guarded icons in my buff bar together with the guarding icon before and always wondered.

Maybe it is related to a certain combination of the ACs guarding. I played Sin, while my mate was a jugg. Will report back, if I managed to do some testing.

Edited by wtfnonamefree

But it sometimes bugs as well. A mate of mine thought it'd be possible, so I let him try before the beginning of a huttball match (to show him it isn't possible).

I put guard onto him and he was still able to guard another player. This shouldn't and usually isn't possible, but we could reproduce it every time. Regarding game mechanics I highly doubt that the dmg would've been transferred, it probably was just a visual bug (including the buff icons). We didn't find the time to test it, though.

I sometimes noticed having both guarded icons in my buff bar together with the guarding icon before and always wondered.

Maybe it is related to a certain combination of the ACs guarding. I played Sin, while my mate was a jugg. Will report back, if I managed to do some testing.

I KNEW I WAS'NT CRAZY! Ok, so yea... I noticed this on Civil War and Huttball. I play in a 4 man pvp group the majority of the time. One of my buddies is a PT in tank spec and he would guard our DPS Sorc. I was able to then guard the PT. So it seemed like different ACs could guard someone that was guarding someone else.

You can reproduce this every single time with different ACs. Now if it is an illusion that it works I don't know for sure, but you do get the guard visuals on both the guarded person and their hot bar shows you are guarding someone and that they are being guarded.