As long as ranged is blatantly favored, PVP in this game will never be balanced.

Jesmcalli

Given identical or balanced numerical stats and power (other than range, of course)

- Melee WILL be more difficult to play (as in, takes more skill) because you have to devote a lot more attention to precise movements on the battlefield AND keeping your target in view. A ranged does not need to do this to nearly the same degree. In other words, melee requires more twitch skills.

-This does not make melee unbalanced, just different.

For the purposes of disclosure.

I am a mediocre PVPer but I enjoy it. I have a sage (31) a commando (boring), a sent, and a shadow (both low twenties). I'd have a 50 by now but I am levelling up alts in each of the crafting disciplines. God knows why :)

I will say that at low levels, melee is less forgiving until you have a full toolset of gap closers and interrupts.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As Jedi Guardian I dont have any problem with Those, just focus them and they go down in secs.

Dont feel any problem with Ranged atm, tracer missiles I laugh at them, The BH that spam them is usually dead in very shoort time.

The ones I feel harder to kill are Healers for a simply reason protects and cc cover that the team gives them.

Wat needs Nerf are stealths cause they usually run on hide, Stealth should not be allowed on Combat! and if so not more than few seconds.

Regards,

Edited by Szadek

As Jedi Guardian I dont have any problem with Those, just focus them and they go down in secs.

Dont feel any problem with Ranged atm, tracer missiles I laugh at them, The BH that spam them is usually dead in very shoort time.

The ones I feel harder to kill are Healers for a simply reason protects and cc cover that the team gives them.

Regards,

The situation I hate is where a sorc and merc cover each other from max range, there is literally no way to avoid being focused and chain slowed to death. Add to this that the sages on your team will only VERY rarely give shield/healing to sentinels, reserving that for ranged and the other melee classes.

Edited by Morticoccus

The reality is that BH/Trooper & Sorc/Sage are just easier to play. For that reason alone, you will see more of them in game. Their rotations and priority systems are easier to identify and make second nature. You can be an average player and still excel with these classes, or at least become viable. Whereas an average melee player is going to get toasted more often than not.

I don't have an opinion one way or another about fairness. It is what it is. I'm playing melee & range, and enjoy each for what they are.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.