Marking healers with raid icons need to STOP!

Maiajayde

What healers are asking for is not to be painful visible from 100 yards away while being relentless zerged from start to finish of a war zone. If this BS keeps up I'll just roll dps when I pug, getting a little giggle every time one of you starts QQing about getting no heals.

You're telling a sniper, please.... at least you take a little effort to kill and don't have to have a big red neon sign in front of you saying "Free kill here". Your tears fall on deaf ears, and to be frank, if you didn't get camo in terms of looking like everyone else, then markers wouldn't be necessary.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some bad's need to L2p and not Rely on a mark for 15 min to find a healer that they just cc/slowed/ or kill after they respawn. FOR real you say you don't know what a healer looks like? then you need to L2p and not L2kill mark

I'd like for you to show me the part where I have ever said that I don't know what a healer looks like, or something even remotely close to the nonsense you just spewed.

I'll wait.

When you target someone if the Cast bar is green they are healing if its red they are killing its not that damn hard. if you have a 1/2 premade/vent/comp and still need a mark then Cut Wrist and just pve

Never said you did that part was for the General public

Edited by Misspriss

This thred is wrong, healers should not complain about being able to be targeted and being angry with BW they should be angry with who doesn't guard defend them, if they can still kill you with your team defending healers they're just better with either marks or without

When you target someone if the Cast bar is green they are healing if its red they are killing its not that damn hard. if you have a 1/2 premade/vent/comp and still need a mark then Cut Wrist and just pve

So what about marking tanks that could be taunting anyone within range, currently high scoring members of the other team that you might want to tell your team to watch for or ball carriers?

Mark has lots of utility beyond griefing healers. And to be fair both teams *do* have the same utility.

This thred is wrong, healers should not complain about being able to be targeted and being angry with BW they should be angry with who doesn't guard defend them, if they can still kill you with your team defending healers they're just better with either marks or without

The OP didnt say she was in a comp premade and gess what i see alot of warfronts with no YES NO TANK"S and btw IF guard is on the heals and they know its heals from the mark just pull the heals more then 15 meters away gurad drops that is the point. The OP says that it makes it to eazy too pick heals out FYI but she has stated that the mark MAKEs the heal game no fun that was the MAIN POINT the fun is gone you missed it

Edited by Misspriss

You're telling a sniper, please.... at least you take a little effort to kill and don't have to have a big red neon sign in front of you saying "Free kill here". Your tears fall on deaf ears, and to be frank, if you didn't get camo in terms of looking like everyone else, then markers wouldn't be necessary.

Are you seriously suggesting that you are incapable of finding a healer with out marks? Fantastic apparently Bioware needs to balance pvp around players like yourself that cant even figure out how to target a healer. Makes me wonder how they got marked in the first place, since you know finding them is impossible according to you.

You dps aren't fooling anyone, you want the marks to stay so you can simply tunnel vision down a healer. God forbid you get any kind of situational awareness or coordinate with the rest of your team. Just mark it and zerg it when it respawns.

The OP didnt say she was in a comp premade and gess what i see alot of warfronts with no YES NO TANK"S and btw IF guard is on the heals and they know its heals from the mark just pull the heals more then 15 meters away gurad drops that is the point of the OP its make it to eazy too pick heals out FYI but she has stated that the mark MAKE the heal game no fun that was the MAIN POINT the fun is gone you missed it

Just out of curiosity, do YOU tell your team not to mark healers?

If they do mark the healers, do you tell them not to focus the marked healers because it's unfair and makes the game less fun for your enemies?

I mean, the main point is that the fun is gone, so I can only assume that you are doing everything in your power to give that fun back while you are in the game and not just here pretending to care on the forums.

...right?

I mean, you wouldn't only care when YOU get marked, would you? Because that would just be selfish.

So what about marking tanks that could be taunting anyone within range, currently high scoring members of the other team that you might want to tell your team to watch for or ball carriers?

Mark has lots of utility beyond griefing healers. And to be fair both teams *do* have the same utility.

You can't see the tank with the ball? 4real thats why all the bad's need that so much and all the rage from the thought of losing it is placed

You can't see the tank with the ball? 4real thats why all the bad's need that so much and all the rage from the thought of losing it is placed

I wonder if you notice the abject irony in the fact that you are calling people bads, and yet complaining about being a healer who gets focused.

The OP didnt say she was in a comp premade and gess what i see alot of warfronts with no YES NO TANK"S and btw IF guard is on the heals and they know its heals from the mark just pull the heals more then 15 meters away gurad drops that is the point. The OP says that it makes it to eazy too pick heals out FYI but she has stated that the mark MAKE the heal game no fun that was the MAIN POINT the fun is gone you missed it

The fun is playing a competitive match with and against ppl that know how to play, if for you the fun is healing without getting focus then play in 10-49, if the healer gets pulled 15 meters further the tank and some dps go there and burst down the ppl that pulled, healer can get away easily anyway, evade... force speed i don't see the point in your answer

Just out of curiosity, do YOU tell your team not to mark healers?

If they do mark the healers, do you tell them not to focus the marked healers because it's unfair and makes the game less fun for your enemies?

I mean, the main point is that the fun is gone, so I can only assume that you are doing everything in your power to give that fun back while you are in the game and not just here pretending to care on the forums.

...right?

I mean, you wouldn't only care when YOU get marked, would you? Because that would just be selfish.

Dha i have told others to make threads to make the game better i have not marked or told someone to mark i can see a healer ON MY OWN ty i am not bad

Edited by Misspriss

Dha i have told others to make threads to make the game better i have not marked or told someone to mark i can see a healer ON MY OWN ty i am not bad

That's not what I asked.

I asked if you told your team not to focus down the marked healer, because they were marked, and that means it isn't fun for them.

The fun is playing a competitive match with and against ppl that know how to play, if for you the fun is healing without getting focus then play in 10-49, if the healer gets pulled 15 meters further the tank and some dps go there and burst down the ppl that pulled, healer can get away easily anyway, evade... force speed i don't see the point in your answer

The OP did not say it was in a competitive premade/vent/comp AT no point did she state other wize.

But if your team in a premade/vent/comp need a mark get a new group.

That's not what I asked.

I asked if you told your team not to focus down the marked healer, because they were marked, and that means it isn't fun for them.

No cos we dont have to mark in the frist place.

Good night most need to read the Whole OP before they post. and 50% of you get off topic and assume more than what the OP said.

Edited by Misspriss

Never said you did that part was for the General public

And I don't want to scroll through targets to find healers, who in every other MMO are distinctly visible and easy to spot from a distance.

As long as snipers have a neon "Free Kill Here" sign, then marking healers or anyone else is perfectly fine.

And I don't want to scroll through targets to find healers, who in every other MMO are distinctly visible and easy to spot from a distance.

As long as snipers have a neon "Free Kill Here" sign, then marking healers or anyone else is perfectly fine.

BIG green beam of light or green shots and a stream coming from a sith with no lighting = heals ITS not hard to see.

you should make a post to BW to make the heal sets look different and that would fix it for the bad's

Edited by Misspriss

snipers get dmg reduce there OWN Guard FYI and they can pick up the mark and walk away BUT when you are marked you can not do that so its no where Near the same . btw off topic with that post

Edited by Misspriss

Again, only when active, only when healing, and only after wasting time focusing on an individual for far too long. Ball carriers have big giant beams of light, snipers have "kill me" signs, the fact that any class or role can also be marked, the argument healers make is pretty weak considering.

So its ok for healers to be relentlessly zerged all match because your AC is ****? That's the kind of solid reasoning I expect from a player that cant find and target healers.

snipers get dmg reduce there OWN Guard FYI and they can pick up the mark and walk away BUT when you are marked you can not do that so its no where Near the same . btw off topic with that post

The damage is only reduced from other snipers... but trust me, a sniper focused is about a 50x easier kill than a focused healer. There's nothing "off topic" when it comes to being marked from a mile away, snipers have to do it, and healers are crying about it.

Again, only when active, only when healing, and only after wasting time focusing on an individual for far too long. Ball carriers have big giant beams of light, snipers have "kill me" signs, the fact that any class or role can also be marked, the argument healers make is pretty weak considering.

Make a thread to fix the KILL me signs but with imm to leaps ,PUll and others tipes's of cc + there own GUARD its no even in the same star system and a mark of death that can't be cleared with death like you can do by picking its up and moving

OFF topic again

Edited by Misspriss

Make a thread to fix the KILL me signs but with imm to leaps ,PUll and others tipes's of cc + there own GUARD its no even in the same star system and a mark of death that can't be cleared with death like you can do by picking its up and moving

Snipers aren't automatically CC immune, they need to pop a CD for that. Odds are, 1 CC and they're out of cover and dead 3 seconds later

Edited by Arzhanin
Rude comments

So its ok for healers to be relentlessly zerged all match because your AC is ****? That's the kind of solid reasoning I expect from a player that cant find and target healers.

No, it's ok for them to be relentlessly zerged all match because they're healers, it's part of the territory, it happens in every MMO. Is it fair that healers automatically get all the MVP votes for doing their jobs? No, but it happens every time anyhow. Anyhow, it's because others ALSO have to deal with bright neon signs indicating their presence to everyone in the WZ.

Healers are SUPPOSED to be relentlessly zerged all match.

We only have to mark them because they aren't being zerged nearly enough when we play w/ pug groups.

The average SWTOR pugger is unfortunately, not on the same level as your average MMO player. We have people here from all walks of life, star wars fans, console kotor fans, etc. Not everyone has been doing this for as many years as the rest of us.

If they all knew to focus healers every single time they see them, I wouldn't need to mark them at all. Unfortunately they don't.

As a healer, however, they probably knew exactly what they were getting into when they rolled that AC. They're the guy who keeps people alive, and thus the most beneficial target to kill.

If they did not step into the warzone w/ a plan of what to do when that happens, then they weren't going to contribute to their team anyway.