Marking healers with raid icons need to STOP!

Maiajayde

I think it's even more worrying folks need target marking in order to find the healer, I'm able to spot healers from huge distant just fine without them. And I'm not the most surroundings aware person in the SW:TOR universe. Edited by Holskabard

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be worse after 1.2 (worse in a good way IMO). I'm going to be an astronaut with 2 blasters :)

Marking is fine. Marks that persist after death probably shouldn't be in PVP, especially since those marks blow up at distance. The fact that I can see which door my primary healer target is going on Voidstar before he does anything feels kind of gimpy.

I'm definitely going to be running around in those awesome Juggernaut robes on my PT.

Marking healers is necessary because classes do not have enough visual differentiation.

One lightsaber? Could be a Sorc, but also a Jugg. Highly armored dude? Could be a Merc, but also a Powertech. Thin guy with a rifle? Might be an Operative, but also a Sniper.

There was no doubt when I saw a priest in WoW that he was a priest. I could even tell if he was a shadow priest or not just by a glance. TOR has none of that, so marks are needed.

When you see a healer, well, healing, that may be a sign.

When you see a healer, well, healing, that may be a sign.

If he's not healing, or especially if his weapons are sheathed, MANY classes look the same.

And how do you tell which one is the DPS Spec and which one is the healer if 2 Mercs are running your way?

Again, in something like WoW I'd know which Druid is the healer, which priest is the shadow priest, which Paladin is lolretspec just by looking at them. TOR has VERY little visual differentiation.

Edited by EternalFinality

I'm a healer and I just think it's a bit much that I am tagged even after respawn. We as healers all expect to be focused, but to have a big tag over us the whole match, that's ridiculous. All that is needed is one in ops calling out the healers name, vent, or by typing. The big icon makes it too easy for the opposition.

If it must stay at least make it so they need to tag us again at respawn. Silly you can see us coming from a mile away with the raid markers... give us a fair chance to setup again after death.

I'd love to hear from a Dev to see if this system was intended for pvp use.

Edited by Sconnoll

Healers are the Tanks of PVP! Get used to it or re-roll/re-spec!

Dear OP, every healer that has ever pvp-ed would like to have a word with you.

We know.....but why do you need a big marker that says "Attack here!!!"

Edited by Sconnoll

Marking healers with raid icons just ends any fun trying to play heal's unless you have a extreme amount of pvp gear. There is no L2play when you have 6 ranged stuns when you spawn and jump out of the walls, etc. etc etc. If you don't have a pre-made group to use cool down to protect heal you die as soon as they see the mark.

In any other mmo with 1/2 way good pvp does not allow enemy marks. In fact, in one or more mmo's they will ban you if you use third party add on's to mark healers. The L2play should not be mark the healer it should be recognize the healer for ones self and then kill him.

BW says they care about PVPbut they let something like this slip through. This sould be fixed, Hell PVP need a big work over and everyone knows it.

In that case, they should also give immunity to being marked for non-healers classes that get marked because they either know what they're doing (using their skills effectively so that it often prevents the other team from performing at their optimal) or because you just might be able to flat out dish out huge DPS if left unchecked.

If you're having such a tough time as a healer, let your ops group know who's messing you up the most and have them either prime those targets, use stuns frequently on them, or just flat out distract them so that you can do your job and keep them alive. If your team isn't protecting you efficiently, then THEY'RE the ones that aren't doing their job - regardless of target marking.

Again I am going tio chime in and say it isn't all about the healers. I don't think a person should have the power to mark the other team and call out kill targets one by one so the entire team can just burn threw a not so organized other group.

It is giving pre-mades even more power then they need and another tool that makes being a PuG going against them almost foolish. It is to the point that once I see a pre-made I just leave the Warzone and try again.

I like the challenge of PuG vs PuG. If I had a choice I would not select to allow any kind of pre-made in a Warzone I queue for.

What a joke. I didn't read anything but the title.

Marking only helps the completely incompetent that don't know how to play pick targets. (IE. NO THREAT)

Anybody with an ounce of skill will notice who is healing, regardless.

We know.....but why do you need a big marker that says "Attack here!!!"

Because it's super efficient. Why wouldn't you want to have a big marker that says "Kill here!"?

It's the opposing team, they are killing one another. Not everyone is in a voice chat. Healers are what you kill first.

not sure what the confusion is....

What a joke. I didn't read anything but the title.

Marking only helps the completely incompetent that don't know how to play pick targets. (IE. NO THREAT)

Anybody with an ounce of skill will notice who is healing, regardless.

But again as I said in my post. It goes further then just marking healers. It is marking the entire other team with a kill priority based on the mark. Don't even need to call it out. They have a system. See these two marks. That one is focused by all first. Dead in no time because all DPS focused that target.

So cry about not allowing healers to be marked. I don't want to see anyone being marked period in a Warzone. Making it easier to be better then you really are just because you are a pre-made in vent and you have a kill priority system. Wow that sounds fun for the other team.

Now there are a few crews doing this so don't pretend it doesn't happen.

Edited by Gryphandor

But again as I said in my post. It goes further then just marking healers. It is marking the entire other team with a kill priority based on the mark. Don't even need to call it out. They have a system. See these two marks. That one is focused by all first. Dead in no time because all DPS focused that target.

So cry about not allowing healers to be marked. I don't want to see anyone being marked period in a Warzone. Making it easier to be better then you really are just because you are a pre-made in vent and you have a kill priority system. Wow that sounds fun for the other team.

Now there are a few crews doing this so don't pretend it doesn't happen.

So you're complaining because they use tactics? Really!?!? PvPers have degraded to this level, that they will whine about the use of tactics? Sad.

yes they can burn me down when they find me you are missing the point. you can see me walk out ck boom your dead whole time there is no ADAPT there is no live time there is no ill die and the icon get wipes there is none unless you only go with premades have guard/comp

wow has jack **** to do with it can't mark in GW,Rift,WOW for a damn good resion its a game changer this is not ranked let me run my 3ed part addon NO i spawn right on top of you HEMMM no time to react

Actually you can mark in Rift. My guild and I did it all the time. And GW gear looks so distinct the healer stands out a mile away. Once again, adapt or die, there is no middle ground here. MMOs as old as SWG have allowed for marking healers. You're whining about an MMO standard, and will find no mercy or relief from it.

Actually you can mark in Rift. My guild and I did it all the time. And GW gear looks so distinct the healer stands out a mile away. Once again, adapt or die, there is no middle ground here. MMOs as old as SWG have allowed for marking healers. You're whining about an MMO standard, and will find no mercy or relief from it.

Correct. Rift had a marking system as well. In fact, it was much better than the SWTOR we currently have. You marked each target with a number and could easily arrange it by "threat level." Numbers = more clear than gearbox and blaster icons.

I posted this in another thread. If you play a healer (and I do) you're going to get focused. Use the tools your class if given, line of sight ranged people, ask the tanks for guard OR... quit. You're probably bad anyway.

As you must be a DPS as only a DPS would say something this bias.

A healer is supposed to heal. How would you feel being the only healer in a PVP match.

This is exactly how healers feel in PVP as very few are crazy enough to want to heal.

Your solution is just to ensure healers never que up in PVP. Or get gear ever.

The marking is done by NOOBs that can not see one animation from another or NOOBs that have no talent to know you attack healers first.

The Pre Mades on the other hand just want EZ MODE PVP.

Edited by Metalmac

Correct. Rift had a marking system as well. In fact, it was much better than the SWTOR we currently have. You marked each target with a number and could easily arrange it by "threat level." Numbers = more clear than gearbox and blaster icons.

I posted this in another thread. If you play a healer (and I do) you're going to get focused. Use the tools your class if given, line of sight ranged people, ask the tanks for guard OR... quit. You're probably bad anyway.

And Rift is doing soooo well now right?

All the games that have this died. WoW killed the add on for it. Get a clue.

If the healer is marked and rage-targeted the whole game, this wont be an issue if the healer has a decent tank. This nonsense about getting in the fight and getting insta-killed and cc'd...just doesn't fit. I mean seriously, all it takes is 2 people doing their job. Tank guards healer, healer stay in back and keeps group up, especially the tank guarding you.

tl;dr - target maker means nothing if the healer and tank are both doing their job