The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is a Powertech DPS Generator stat boost / modable version viable?

PDubs

NOTE: Yea this may come across as splitting hairs...but when you are at the end game its pretty much what's its all about anyways.

OK after all the multitude of "one weapon" arguments that seem to fly around this forum on a daily basis I thought I'd switch gears a moment and gauge the powertechs opinions on our DPS generators.

Right now I am simply comparing the high end PVE gear:

So lets take a look at the MERC offhand PEACE and compare it to Rakata Eliminator Power Generator and Rakata Combat Medic's Power Generator (Which is funny this even exists because why would a merc healer even use a generator? IDK thought it was weird). Columi Combat Medic Generator has ALACRITY. Haven't seen many people with it...If you do use more Alacrity in your substats for pyro let me know, currently Im building an Alacrity set, but with our heat generation I'm still suspicious.

PEACE.................... Rakata Eliminator Power ................ Rakata Combat Medic

112aim.............................85 Aim............................................85 Aim

132 End............................98 End.......................................... 98 End

72 Power .........................82 Power........................................82 Crit

51 Accuracy......................51 Surge.........................................51 Surge

I don't have a particular issue with the sub-stats but the main stats AIM and END well wow. With Pyro rotations relying on proximity more so than merc dps logically you'd think that there might be an epiphany oh hey look ....34 endurance is nice and so is 27 aim why the disparity? You could argue that proximity isn't an issue in terms of damage taken and smart raid awareness, I get that, understandable.

Do you think Generators in general are gimped?

Like many of you who are at the end game content I know a lot of you are min maxing mods and enhancements, would you like to see a customizable generator? Or do you think that its a lost cause?

/discuss

Edited by PDubs

alacrity is 100% useless to a pyrotech as it does not affect the GCD and even if it did it would probably still be pretty useless.

As far as the offhand generator thing.......That does seem to be quite a disparity. I cant think of any way that things could be balanced if mercs get more stats on their off-hands....

alacrity is 100% useless to a pyrotech as it does not affect the GCD and even if it did it would probably still be pretty useless.

Alacrity affects cast time abilities so Death from Above and Flamethrower, so it is only mostly useless.