Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Faction specific schematics

Angel_of_Cain

Is anyone receiving faction specific schematics while play the opposite faction?

My Commando keeps getting armor schematics for imperial classes only.

i.e. Requirement: Sith Warrior/Bounty Hunter

I was told the GTN does not cross factions, so getting rid of these is quite the chore. I know i can sell them to vendors (which i have already sold 15 because i was running out of room in my bank) and get maybe 75-100 for.

Is this happening to anyone else?

This is not a complaint thread, this thread is out of curiosity.

Use the GTN on Narr Shadda it is neutral.

It's also a bit of a chore to use. You can't quick travel from the spaceship and the flight points are a good run from the GTN. There's also a lack of people using the neutral GTN.

They should just make the GTN cross faction. It would help the economy on most servers, especially the ones with a severe faction imbalance. It would be easy to explain via lore by saying the GTN is Hutt sponsored.

Same with my Bounty Hunter. All the schematics I have recieved from UT are locked to Smuggler/Jedi Knight. Not had a single Imperial or faction neutral schematic, and my medium armour crafting schematics are very, very few because of this. Have three for the Smuggler/Jedi Knight, and only one for the Agent/Sith Warrior.

I wonder what the thinking behind this is. Encourage cross faction trading? :p

Yea, funny anecdote. I found a piece of gear that looked awesome while playing Imperial and decided to send it to my Republic toon. And upon logging on Republic the model automatically changed to the hobo republic version of it. I ate like 5-6 one to two minute loading screens to find that out. Had a good chuckle.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.