Why Rep players are Typically Better than Imps

TheEvilreaper

The bad Rep players usually rerolled as Empire because it's very hard to win as a bad player on the side with far less people.

Also, Empire side tends to win more overall (from Bioware) so people are not as concerned about setting up good teams or even remembering that they can heal. Republic players tend to realize that they got to at least heal some of the time to win as opposed to shoot lightning the whole time. This means Emipre side is more likely to get into the games where the top healer was Rakata Med Pack, and those games are difficult to win even with a significant overall gear advantage.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but experience carries in games like this. In other games PvP the people that roughed it out as underdogs often ended up as server celebrities because of the threat they posed in small numbers.

If someone has managed to reliably win in open PvP in 8 V 14 fights for example, they will often end up being immense in 8 v 8.

Obviously this game hasn't had huge amounts of open pvp, but we can see a touch of this.

Then again I am thinking of factionless games where pvp was more freeform.

Open world PvP and WZ Objective based PvP are two completely different styles of gameplay.

The fact still remains, that you aren't "outnumbered" in 8 vs 8 WZ's, although you may certainly be "outskilled" or "outgeared," which in turn will make it feel like you are outnumbered 2:1.

Edited by Solonius

Maybe the Republic side has changed for the OP on Space Slug his server. But I also had a 50 republic there, and there was nothing uber about the handful of Republic players.

The only time we could ever win a WZ was during the weekends when we could field a full team in a WZ. All I ever saw in Ilum was kill trading, which was about the only way you could get your daily as a republic player. As the Empire zerg would flood the area.

I also had a friend who was 50 weeks before me, on Space Slug. And he would tell me anytime the Imp premade was running Republic players would stop queing.

And even if the PVP has changed on that server in favor of Republic, the Republic faction is so dead on that server. When I left which was 5 days after hitting 50, at peak hours you would be lucky to break 100 people in fleet, Ilum was 7-15. Other planets ranged from 10-30, and this was at peak hours on a heavy pop server. Yay for "friends" who quit the game after they make you waste all your time on a dead server.

As an above average Imp Sniper I never saw a Rep Gunslinger perform better than me ( damage dealt, medals or team objectives ) ... and I'm rank 58 so i played a few warzones.

and no one ever beats you 1v1, and you stomp ppl 1v2/1v3, and you never lose a warzone or a node in ilum. . .o o and your poop dont stink :p

Maybe the Republic side has changed for the OP on Space Slug his server. But I also had a 50 republic there, and there was nothing uber about the handful of Republic players.

The only time we could ever win a WZ was during the weekends when we could field a full team in a WZ. All I ever saw in Ilum was kill trading, which was about the only way you could get your daily as a republic player. As the Empire zerg would flood the area.

I also had a friend who was 50 weeks before me, on Space Slug. And he would tell me anytime the Imp premade was running Republic players would stop queing.

And even if the PVP has changed on that server in favor of Republic, the Republic faction is so dead on that server. When I left which was 5 days after hitting 50, at peak hours you would be lucky to break 100 people in fleet, Ilum was 7-15. Other planets ranged from 10-30, and this was at peak hours on a heavy pop server. Yay for "friends" who quit the game after they make you waste all your time on a dead server.

It has I would say still not bad pop on this server imo alot better than some other server's for sure. And I think there really is a core group of pvper's on this server now so we tend to end up in WZ's alot more often together that does help along with the time to catch up to the IMP's Gear.

Come to Rakata Mind Prison...the Republics get stomped on a nightly basis, wz after wz...and its not even close, they're blowout losses to Imps. I mean, last night I got 24 comms in one warzone and 42 in another...seriously? We get destroyed that bad...will take forever and a *********** day to gear up like that, meanwhile every Imp we face is battlemaster and warhero, and those that aren't are raking in the comms and valor. After about 6 or so "pounded in the tailpipe" losses, I switch over to my jugg and enjoy the benefits of being Imperial.

Are you serious? Repubs stomp Empire pretty much every time on Rakata unless there's one of 2 premades then you have a shot. Last night we stomped Murkin and his premade on Alderaan while he was streaming for everyone to see.

Most imps on Rakata are super baddies that won't be able to compete once gear evens out in 1.2.

And just so you know, in the PvP tourney we held on Rakata, the #1 guild was Republic.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.