would this be a horrible idea?

Braonie

I'm going to level a Knight and I was thinking about taking cybertech, scavenging and slicing. i figure the basic mods are decent enough for leveling and the extra credits are always welcome. does anyone go that route or think its a bad idea?

guess it may help to mention that i don't have any plans to do anything other than experience the story with this toon.

Edited by Braonie

You can get the mods from the commendations and they will be blue. It is of no use if you do not at least craft blue mods and armouring. Also the earpieces are very good when blue. Not a good idea. You could level another toon and park that in the fleet after you leave the starter planet and have it run Underworld Trading missions.

ill say one thing about cybertech, scan an slicing an that is that it will soon over take your level as im a lvl 28 bounty hunter an im making mods, armoring enhancements etc for level 40s only problem is except the droid parts grenades an ear pieces i cant use any of the rest because so far none of my armor as been able to be modded but for a jedi i would say it could be handy since the robes an weapons can all be upgraded an the slicing does help to make some money but not alot

I'm going to level a Knight and I was thinking about taking cybertech, scavenging and slicing. i figure the basic mods are decent enough for leveling and the extra credits are always welcome. does anyone go that route or think its a bad idea?

guess it may help to mention that i don't have any plans to do anything other than experience the story with this toon.

This is exactly what I am doing on one of my characters. I have another one that I am bringing along, as well (synthweaver) that has Underworld Trading to get some of the mats I need for the blue/purple earpieces/ship parts, etc. It's a pretty good skill set, but some will tell you to ditch slicing in favor of UT, and I can understand their pov. For me, slicing is just a way to make a little extra credits. Those nodes do add up over time.

leave slicing off and go with underworld training, there will be items u cant get thru slicing but u can with underworld.

I found out the hard way my self:(

Hope this helps....

This worked well for me, Cyber, scav and slicing on my Knight but note what the above poster mentioned.

Not having UT with her was no bother for me as I have 2 alts with it.

Want to enjoy the story? Me too, I've a Shadow/Artifice. Trooper/Armor. Sage/Synth. Knight/Cyber. Scoundrel/Arms. Gunslinger/Bio. All but 1 is over 250.