Fixing the low-pop warzones can't be that hard, can it?

SnakeAes

Okay. In the current system, when your warzone queue pops and you click Enter Warzone, it puts you directly in the warzone.

The problem with this is that if players go afk or suddenly get busy with other things, they don't enter or click Ignore.

From a coding perspective, I don't know how easy the solution to this problem is. But from a common sense perspective it's simple:

Don't start the warzone until 8 players from each side have confirmed they are going to play.

If the timer runs out on the Warzone Notification and there still aren't 8 players on each side, nothing happens and all the players can continue going about their merry business until the last few spots fill up, at which point the queue notification comes up again. Once it hits 8 each, then all the players are transported to the warzone for the match.

Not only does this solve the population problem, but it also helps to prevent people with slower connections from getting far behind since everyone starts loading at the same time (rather than some people starting earlier than others since it depends on when you click Enter Warzone).

As far as I can see, there are no downsides to this solution.

They're supposed to be putting in some kind of deserter debuff for people who leave warzones. People who queue and then refuse the queue should get the same debuff. That would help a lot with this issue.

I agree with the first, but disagree about the second. Sometimes you queue and get caught up with something in real life, either forcing you to drop the queue or sometimes you just miss it. You shouldn't be punished for dropping/leaving a queue before the WZ starts.

Edited by Kajimoto

I agree with the first, but disagree about the second. Sometimes you queue and get caught up with something in real life, either forcing you to drop the queue or sometimes you just miss it. You shouldn't be punished for dropping/leaving a queue before the WZ starts.

Yes, you should be, because that's also how sync queue premades do it. They queue, check to see that all their members got the pop, and if they didn't, they don't accept the queue. So okay, I'm mainly hoping people doing that nonsense get stopped, not as mad about some poor player who had to drop queue because he had wife aggro.

However, if it's fair to punish people for leaving a warzone mid match, it's fair to punish someone for not accepting the queue. Both cause teams to have to play the game short handed.

Edited by maradigamer