Fact: Full Rakata = more damage then full Battlemaster

LoL-K-Noob

people say it reduces survivability, but not really, Rakata will give you over 2k HP (depending on class and suit) then the BM version. If Rakata is doing more damage then the BM WITH Expertise, than it will overcoming the defense easier and thus having more HP is more valuable then damage reduction.

So assuming you pull 15% damage reduction off full BM...

And I hit you with 1000 damage, you only take 150 less damage. Sooo you have a total of 15000 HP. So out of 15 hits you reduce about 2k worth of damage...So Rakata offers equal protection as an end result, but having more health makes you easier to heal then using damage reduction so more health wins all around.

Wrong. For example Rakata gear doesn't make you hit that much harder. For example Expertise gives +13% more Damage +13% more Healing +13% less damage taken.

So ... BM gets +13% dmg lets say if you wear rakata you get +20% Damage. Well you still have to substract that 13% damage mitagation that everyone wearing expertise gets. Making you only get +7% damage.

So not only do you get hit for more damage and heal for less health. Your only gaining a 7% damage increase for what? 13% increased damage taken. Rofl. Those percentages are just estimates We all know you wont even get that 20% damage increase with full Rakata.

Edited by Furyofwar

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong. For example Rakata gear doesn't make you hit that much harder. For example Expertise gives +13% more Damage +13% more Healing +13% less damage taken.

So ... BM gets +13% dmg lets say if you wear rakata you get +20% Damage. Well you still have to substract that 13% damage mitagation that everyone wearing expertise gets. Making you only get +7% damage.

So not only do you get hit for more damage and heal for less health. Your only gaining a 7% damage increase for what? 13% increased damage taken. Rofl. Those percentages are just estimates We all know you wont even get that 20% damage increase with full Rakata.

Well, actually doing the math, for example, BH suit...if you compared the damage + expertise bonus for BM vs the Rakata Set, you do 3.95% more damage. So two guys in full BM cancel each other out, damage bonus to damage soaked, but the Rakata guy does 3.95% more damage over that absorb so in fact in every and all ways, it does more damage.

Um....anybody who says Rakata is better doesn't know how to swap mods to perfect his stats himself. Do you guys honestly rely on w/e mods and enhancements come with the pieces? lol

And your source of level 58 mods that don't come in either Rakata or BM gear? hrm?

I don't really have the time for it big boy.

After spending hours on testing different gear sets, slotting different mods and such.. This is what we came up with.

Running more then 9.5% expertise is worthless. My damage taken increased by .8% going from 12.5%-9.5%. I gained over 1k HP, gained over 50+ damage bonus, gained few % surge and crit.

As far as your argument about damage taken is going to be, you do make some sense. However, if you account the amount of people that need to hit you, to make that .5-1% increase in damage actually noticeable, you're going to NEED a lot more then that .5% damage reduction to save yourself. At that point, competent groups, tank and such will save your life, not the 3% increase in expertise, at the cost of much less damage and damage stats. Actually, from doing the testing, fighting everywhere except Ilum will in fact increase your survival if you do wear the PVE gear.

The only class that would stick with 2 piece PVE gear would be healers and this is mainly because healers get much smaller bonus towards healing when it comes to their main stats. However, some healers, like the Sage, have MUCH, MUCH better set bonuses when using the PVE gear.

Edit:

I run custom mods in my BM and Rakata gear. I've collected 25A and B mods from PVE and PVP, mostly power/crit and surge with some alacrity (I can't seem to avoid this since every fricking Sage piece is stacked with this worthless stat).

Look outside your actual class and you will be amazed what enhances you can find that are useful for your class. For instance, the Imperial Agent gloves from pvp have the Advanced Adept 24 enhancement(endurance/surge/power), which I know is great for sorcerors, so I imagine it is for sages as well.

lol PvE > PvP gear for PvP in TOR...

Only in TOR this can happen.

They stole whole that PvP gear concept from Blizzard... and still failed to make it actually serve its purpose. :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...blizzard invented everything having to do with MMOs apparently

not only that...but you think WoW does not have this problem...

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=142945/why-is-raid-gear-pvp-gear-in-battlegrounds

In 1v1 situation - maybe.

When it's a pvp melee cluster, you want to have as much expertise as possible to go easier on healer keeping you alive.

TTK for the enemy drops enough to be noticeable wearing pve gear.

As a melee you'll be disabled 30% of time too and it won't matter what dps output you have.

Edited by Stranger_LDR

lol PvE > PvP gear for PvP in TOR...

Only in TOR this can happen.

They stole whole that PvP gear concept from Blizzard... and still failed to make it actually serve its purpose. :rolleyes:

That's funny because Blizzard was inspired by other games... and Dante was inspired by Virgil and every person who has done anything with their *********** life has taken concepts from other people. Your point is mute, find a new reasoning behind your logic.

the only pieces where you gain output is your 5 pc armor set, which will increase your damage on the +28 primary stat piece by about 0.2% over the bm equivalent

the secondary stats (power, crit etc) are usually the same (although some items get better enhancements, you can strip those if you really want to)

Yeah it's slightly better, but i use 2+2 pvp +1 rakata, the set bonuses are the main determinant imo.

Like this man says, the trade off is foolish for a minimal increase in damage. Like I said though, do continue wearing full rakata so I can target you 24/7 knowing its a guarantee fast kill with your 0% expertise damage reduction.