PvP Bounty Hunting!

Sherock

So I've been taking down scums left and right for the prices on they're heads, but I've been thinking.... What about the players who've done wrong by the Empire? (or Republic, I don't discriminate) So I've decided to go public with my hunting! Give me a name, and I'll give you my price! Edited by Sherock

Sounds like a great idea, it was awesome fun in galaxies when I ran down jedi & blew them up with bomb droids...

but...

what about pvp missions for all the other classes? if you give bh a perk that no other class can use you'll have 7 other very pissed off classes.

Sounds like a great idea, it was awesome fun in galaxies when I ran down jedi & blew them up with bomb droids...

but...

what about pvp missions for all the other classes? if you give bh a perk that no other class can use you'll have 7 other very pissed off classes.

I totally remember doing the same thing! XD Good point other classes would need some type of pvp missions as well. (Thanks for reminding me about this insanely important subject) I think certain hunting missions for siths could be incorperated, but of course other missions for other classes could be very possible as well! Such as (and this is just an example) a smuggler mission! Picture this, an underworld order (possibly even from the empire) for wepons and armor for they're men.... Even maybe personal orders from players in which this smuggler would need to get goods to the player and, we can't forget in almost all these proccesses credits would be giving as payment for the smugglers services!

Edited by Sherock

Can't wait to get started fellas. Gotta hunt that bounty, but the bounty is in the hunt I always say. Tricks of the trade? Trade secrets? Disintegration devices... d-guns, d-bombs, d-missiles! I'm the disintegration machine. Want a guy disintegrated, get my integrated. That's Dingo's motto.

Can't wait to get started fellas. Gotta hunt that bounty, but the bounty is in the hunt I always say. Tricks of the trade? Trade secrets? Disintegration devices... d-guns, d-bombs, d-missiles! I'm the disintegration machine. Want a guy disintegrated, get my integrated. That's Dingo's motto.

I really like your enthusiasm! And I like where you're going with this, hunters trading they're secrets! The true community of hunters helping eachother out! My first secret is once you get your bounty's name.... Friend that player! As long as that players on if you look on your friends list it will tell what planet the pray is on, it gives you somewhat of a lead to go on and start tracking your target!

Edited by Sherock

This feature was active in Star Wars Galaxy, there was a BH board and you could put a persons name up you wanted to have killed for credits, the bounty hunters could view this and accept the mission. once you killed that person you were payed the credits.

This feature was active in Star Wars Galaxy, there was a BH board and you could put a persons name up you wanted to have killed for credits, the bounty hunters could view this and accept the mission. once you killed that person you were payed the credits.

true, but that was post NGE & only happened as the game died. I'm not sure on the exact number, but I believe over 1/2 of the players quit when NGE went live. 36 classes became 9 and it really upset ppl.

Pre NGE bounty hunting was limited to Jedi, and it was awesome, best open world pvp of any game ever. Jedi who used their lightsabre or force powers in view of other players would automatically be put up on the terminals.

It would honestly depend on how people earned their bounty, and what the rules for hunting were. And I can tell you already, from my SWG days, people are gonna cry...

Bounties are gonna cry when a BH pops them 20 seconds before either entering some group content with their guild or 20 seconds before they would have finished a quest, or when they go AFK to go pee.

BH's are gonna cry because "my bounty always hides on his ship/a planet I can't go to"

This game has the added bonus of throwing you into an instance when you enter a conversation, so would that mean you are unattackable or if someone attacked you it would throw you out of the conversation?

How would you handle a dude with a bounty on his head that hangs out on Tython 80% of the time, or his fleet space station, or in his ship? 60% or more of this game is in instanced zones, so when the target enters, they own it and only their group can access it... how much BH crying would that prompt?

After 6 years of player BHing on SWG, I can tell you nobody EVER got tired of crying about bounties going into space, or hiding in houses, or going in instances or to planets where they couldn't be tracked (which was because 60% of that planet was instanced). I really don't feel like seeing every other post be like that here, too.

It is absolutely not practical in this game; the game design would make it laborious and super frustrating. And tbh, there are more than enough opportunities to PVP in TOR, and surely more to come, I think we can all live without it.

It would honestly depend on how people earned their bounty, and what the rules for hunting were. And I can tell you already, from my SWG days, people are gonna cry...

Bounties are gonna cry when a BH pops them 20 seconds before either entering some group content with their guild or 20 seconds before they would have finished a quest, or when they go AFK to go pee.

BH's are gonna cry because "my bounty always hides on his ship/a planet I can't go to"

This game has the added bonus of throwing you into an instance when you enter a conversation, so would that mean you are unattackable or if someone attacked you it would throw you out of the conversation?

How would you handle a dude with a bounty on his head that hangs out on Tython 80% of the time, or his fleet space station, or in his ship? 60% or more of this game is in instanced zones, so when the target enters, they own it and only their group can access it... how much BH crying would that prompt?

After 6 years of player BHing on SWG, I can tell you nobody EVER got tired of crying about bounties going into space, or hiding in houses, or going in instances or to planets where they couldn't be tracked (which was because 60% of that planet was instanced). I really don't feel like seeing every other post be like that here, too.

It is absolutely not practical in this game; the game design would make it laborious and super frustrating. And tbh, there are more than enough opportunities to PVP in TOR, and surely more to come, I think we can all live without it.

Well in any mmo with pvp you play there is gonna be an unfair sport who cries about every and anything bad that happends to them. I think though that its very possible, it would take some major updates and the system would have many changes to make it better but I can think of things that would make it fair to both the hunter and the bounty.

Edited by Sherock

It's not going to happen, the post above yours (2 above this one) give several good reasons why. Instead of asking/wishing for this push for open world pvp. They fixed ilum a little by removing the need to go there, but we're still left with the same 3 (soon 4) WZs over & over. No one goes to outlaw's den & the instanced nature of the game make "ganking" almost impossible.

In a roleplay sense I keep a certain score in WZs, Names I look for to keep myself moe involved. Mostly smugglers & a few Jedi Knights, they're all high ranking pvp players & I enjoy the fights when I see them randomly. Also WZs themselves can be thought of as Bounty Missions, as you get paid more per kill. I set my goals going in, assasin medal, 300k damage, etc.

Really though. It wouldn't be complicated and work function correctly if one were so inclined to implement it.

I've already suggested this in another area of the forums in terms of "ideas I would use"... My thought was to build upon the social element of the game. Really the only social thing taking places is groups and trading, beyond that... nothing. My idea is side social missions based on a persons class. A BH would have a bounty board, and IMP Agent could steal info or items, etc... It doesn't even have to be PVP. It could be as simple as hiring someone to take out a boss/champion character.

Hell as of right now, people pay me to follow them on their missions. A lvl 20 who can't line up a group for a #4 heroic can have a lvl 50+ run through it like nothing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.