Marauder the buff bot or not really?

Vaahanian

While waiting for my guild's operation group to log in Tuesday night I spoke with our ops leader about the group ordering in our raid list because I wanted to test if it was true that marauder buffs didn't affect the entire raid. Sure enough I could only buff my group of 4 (predation and bloodthirst, haven't tested berserk healing) so we had the raid drop and organized our raid invites so that it would look from top to bottom like this: tank, healer, healer, dps, dps, dps, dps, myself (marauder) and basically stack our best dps in my group.

This post will actually be about 2 things.

1) Why do our buffs not affect the entire raid? Sniper "raid wall" affects all allies within a 10 meter radius and with -20% dmg taken for 15 seconds, but has a 180 second cooldown. Predation only affects your group of 4 with a -10% dmg taken for 10 seconds, arguably no cooldown as I would consider fury to just be marauder's resource pool #2.

Sniper "buff" affects all allies, lasts longer, does more, but has a 3 minute cooldown. Marauder "buff" affects 4 people total, doesn't last as long, does less, but is fairly "spammable." Is it just because of how often we could toss this "buff" out that it works the way it does?

2) This is more of a comfort of lifestyle petition. You can hate me now because I will say that back in WoW you could have your raid leader and I think promoted raiders rearrange your raid groups. I have never personally lead an operation yet so I haven't seen it from that point of view, but our ops leader so far hasn't found a way to rearrange the operation group at all. Is there a method currently outside of everybody quitting the raid group and reinviting with a certain order?

(totally off topic but somebody mentioned for the council fight in EV to just toss the marauder in their own group so they can freely use berserk (annihilation spec troubles) and not cause issues, but from my point #2 above, is that possible?)

Edited by Vaahanian

While waiting for my guild's operation group to log in Tuesday night I spoke with our ops leader about the group ordering in our raid list because I wanted to test if it was true that marauder buffs didn't affect the entire raid. Sure enough I could only buff my group of 4 (predation and bloodthirst, haven't tested berserk healing) so we had the raid drop and organized our raid invites so that it would look from top to bottom like this: tank, healer, healer, dps, dps, dps, dps, myself (marauder) and basically stack our best dps in my group.

This post will actually be about 2 things.

1) Why do our buffs not affect the entire raid? Sniper "raid wall" affects all allies within a 10 meter radius and with -20% dmg taken for 15 seconds, but has a 180 second cooldown. Predation only affects your group of 4 with a -10% dmg taken for 10 seconds, arguably no cooldown as I would consider fury to just be marauder's resource pool #2.

Sniper "buff" affects all allies, lasts longer, does more, but has a 3 minute cooldown. Marauder "buff" affects 4 people total, doesn't last as long, does less, but is fairly "spammable." Is it just because of how often we could toss this "buff" out that it works the way it does?

2) This is more of a comfort of lifestyle petition. You can hate me now because I will say that back in WoW you could have your raid leader and I think promoted raiders rearrange your raid groups. I have never personally lead an operation yet so I haven't seen it from that point of view, but our ops leader so far hasn't found a way to rearrange the operation group at all. Is there a method currently outside of everybody quitting the raid group and reinviting with a certain order?

(totally off topic but somebody mentioned for the council fight in EV to just toss the marauder in their own group so they can freely use berserk (annihilation spec troubles) and not cause issues, but from my point #2 above, is that possible?)

1) I'd imagine the reasoning for this is to promote taking more than 1 Marauder for 16m OPS.

2) There's an icon on top of the raid frames, tell your OPS leader to click it and unlock raid frames, which will allow him to re-arrange the groups.

1) I'd imagine the reasoning for this is to promote taking more than 1 Marauder for 16m OPS.

2) There's an icon on top of the raid frames, tell your OPS leader to click it and unlock raid frames, which will allow him to re-arrange the groups.

1) A lot of people consider melee to be "liabilities" due to boss mechanics. Some fights they are melee friendly meanwhile a majority have tended not to be (looking at the multitude of MMOs).

2) Thanks, I will let him know.

For what ever reason Blizzard simply wants Shamans to be group only in utility. I guess paladins and shamans simply are to play different roles in their grand strategy.

.... er wait. Did I just enter this old conversation in the wrong decade?

Edited by Tamanous

Glorious old school WoW days.

A "What if..." scenario to ponder though. Say your other 3 "groupies" die, does anybody else get the benefit of your buffs? Are you a loner then? Does it affect the closest 3 living allies? Assuming it only affects you at that point in this scenario, imo, should somehow be reworked to still be beneficial.

Really stretching out the point of buffs and roles in operations, all classes bring their main 2 hour buff. Tanks bring some kind of -dmg done by target, -accuracy for target, etc. Many of the dps classes bring some kind of armor debuff on the target that the entire raid benefits from. Healers...guess I can't make a point there really, yay for shield spamming if you run double sorc =D ? It just feels that as a whole the few buffs we provide are extremely constrained and in comparison to other classes rather lackluster imo aside from Bloodthirst.

Edited by Vaahanian

I can confirm that Marauder Buffs such as Bloodthirst, Juyo Berserk and Predation ONLY affects your group. So if your other 3 group members die, nobody but you will gain the effects of the buff. If you are gonna build an Ops group you really want your best DPS including Marauder in the same group.

Funny thing though, Bloodthirst stacks. Meaning 4 marauders could do 60% more dmg over 15-ish seconds. Fabricator would MELT! lol. Same goes for Predation. The movementspeed increase also stacks. 4 Rage specced marauders could be running around at about 150-200% movement speed due to the talent in Rage that makes Predation refund 10 Fury, however its 10 Fury per friendly player affected by it.

Edited by Evixy

I can confirm that Marauder Buffs such as Bloodthirst, Juyo Berserk and Predation ONLY affects your group. So if your other 3 group members die, nobody but you will gain the effects of the buff. If you are gonna build an Ops group you really want your best DPS including Marauder in the same group.

Funny thing though, Bloodthirst stacks. Meaning 4 marauders could do 60% more dmg over 15-ish seconds. Fabricator would MELT! lol. Same goes for Predation. The movementspeed increase also stacks. 4 Rage specced marauders could be running around at about 150-200% movement speed due to the talent in Rage that makes Predation refund 10 Fury, however its 10 Fury per friendly player affected by it.

Haha now that would be something fun to pull off.

I'd like to see it give a small bonus to the ops.

Perhaps make Bloodthirst 15% party, 5% to rest of ops.

Predation 50% party, 15% raid.

No change on Berserk heal. I'd be hard to balance it as a raidwide heal to the point of being useless vs must have raid spec. And the other two tree's don't raid benefit. Best way to balance it is to make there be nothing to balance.