Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Operative Burst Damage on BM Geared Opponent, with and without a PvP trinket.

exphryl

I get confused a bit when I am consistently reading, from Operatives (Scoundrels) that they can not burst targets down fast enough and their damage is "terribly nerfed".

It's confusing because the ones on my server at least, both Empire and Republic seem to do fairly well. Just for a damage video sake, I am a fully BM Geared Pyro PT. (I know other classes have a bit more survivability but that's not what I'm trying to show here)

So in a 1v1 fight (Since well, what OP/Scoundrel will ever jump head first in to a group battle?) I was able to get a fight with a Scoundrel entirely alone twice. First time was without my PvP Trinket Available, which after that first time I waited a few minutes till I had things off cooldown, then I went again.

(The Scoundrel is fairly geared as well)

Now obviously, this isn't every scoundrel/operative, but at the very least they are far from "nerfed to the ground" and their damage they can do from stealth is still incredibly deadly.

I am also not saying "Nerf them they are overpowered!" I am merely showing that they can still do substantial burst from stealth, on a fully PvP Geared player. Which, for those who don't care to watch, was 15700 HP before I could even react when I have a pvp trinket on cooldown.

Video:

you got lucky on the second go around. That player was not very good.

but yes, we still do burst pretty well in that situation 1v1.

most of the complaints from our group is about utility or lack there of when we are in huttball for instance as compared to other classes.

you got lucky on the second go around. That player was not very good.

but yes, we still do burst pretty well in that situation 1v1.

most of the complaints from our group is about utility or lack there of when we are in huttball for instance as compared to other classes.

Yeah. Personally, if anything slightly more group utility they could use since out of stealth they aren't that dangerous in a group setting, regardless of their 1v1 potential.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.