Change appearance and voice options.

AbelMorvant

I know there are a lot more important things that need to be done, but maybe these could be added somewhere down on the list?

First, I want to be able to change my characters appearance. Before this I was playing Star Trek Online and they have "tailors" on several maps that allow you to change the appearance of your character with the price of credits which scales to how drastically you change your character. I find this mostly a problem because I didn't realize how girlish my dude looks with his jaw length hair and he looks like a certain type of npc I see quite often.

Second, is there any possible way we can get voice options? i understand it would cost a lot of money and probably more work then its worth to get other voice actors in, but isn't there some kind of technology that would be able to alter the tone or depth of the voices? I play guitar and there's devices that can make a guitar sound deeper(lower tuned) or higher.

Man this is so huge. It is a must if you want to have an alt friendly system. I have crafted (yes crafted with limited tools) a toons apperance for an hour before only to log out the moment I'm reminded that this old dude sound the same as this young hot shot captain.. I then become stuck... Edited by BCBull

You will probably never get a different voice for your character.. Since a voice actor actually had to record every line of dialogue your character says.. It would require having another voice actor to record every line of dialogue over again in order to change it.. While you can electronically change a persons voice.. You would lose the emotion that the actor put into the voice acting.. Conversations would sound silly as your characters voice would sound more robotic and distorted.. At the very least flat of emotion.. You might even lose accent..

It is pretty safe to say, that will never happen..

As for looks?? I see no reason that can't at some point in the furture add a barber shop type thing that would allow us to change the looks of our characters.. I would however say that it should be limited to the race we choice.. So if your character is Sith pure blood, it remains Sith Pure Blood.. No going to human or something else.. :cool:

Edited by MajikMyst

• 3 months later...
You will probably never get a different voice for your character.. Since a voice actor actually had to record every line of dialogue your character says.. It would require having another voice actor to record every line of dialogue over again in order to change it.. While you can electronically change a persons voice.. You would lose the emotion that the actor put into the voice acting.. Conversations would sound silly as your characters voice would sound more robotic and distorted.. At the very least flat of emotion.. You might even lose accent..

It is pretty safe to say, that will never happen..

As for looks?? I see no reason that can't at some point in the furture add a barber shop type thing that would allow us to change the looks of our characters.. I would however say that it should be limited to the race we choice.. So if your character is Sith pure blood, it remains Sith Pure Blood.. No going to human or something else.. :cool:

We should at least get Voice options so that we don't have to here the same voice with every class.. Maybe even different voices for different species. I think it's weird that my BH Chiss sounds exactly the same as my Sith or Human BH.

Different voices is definetly something I support 100%. We need more diversity in the voices. I was in a group and it was all inquisitor males, the fact we all sounded the same was more irritating then anything else. I like my characters unique.

@MajicMyst, Yes, never forgotten. I may not know what the date in your signature means, but i'll take it seriously enough.

Edited by Ascertes

• 2 years later...
I know there are a lot more important things that need to be done, but maybe these could be added somewhere down on the list?

First, I want to be able to change my characters appearance. Before this I was playing Star Trek Online and they have "tailors" on several maps that allow you to change the appearance of your character with the price of credits which scales to how drastically you change your character. I find this mostly a problem because I didn't realize how girlish my dude looks with his jaw length hair and he looks like a certain type of npc I see quite often.

Second, is there any possible way we can get voice options? i understand it would cost a lot of money and probably more work then its worth to get other voice actors in, but isn't there some kind of technology that would be able to alter the tone or depth of the voices? I play guitar and there's devices that can make a guitar sound deeper(lower tuned) or higher.

I would LOVE the opportunity to change voices in SWTOR

You can already change everything about your looks using appearance designer. It costs cartel coins. It's located on the fleet (cartel bazaar) and you can put it in your stronghold.

As someone already said, it's almost certain different voices won't happen. Each class has currently male and female version, we have 8 total classes and this game has a Guiness world record for the total amount of vice-over. What you are suggesting is they should at least double it.

Edited by antonmasik