Open world PVP

apacheFX

there is nothing of interest and the next patch is going to remove the last chance of open world pvp.

lets face it the pvp team is clueless and have no idea what pvpers want.

however they are adding another warzone that you will not be able to queue for directly.

Where is it?

somewhat varies, tatooine has a quest that overlaps, and is open world so the possibility is there. You might do the nar shadda bonus series before that though, which also shares a questing area. After that several of the planets are open world rather than instanced off by faction, however questing areas seldom overlap. It is easy to wander into the other factions side though.

World pvp is next to non existent with a few exceptions. The best shot I would say into running into other factions will be nar shadda bonus, tattoine czerka quest, and at least the first few class and planet quests on voss especially.

A few quests overlap on Hoth, the castle panteer at alderan. Quesh is actually really small but still split down the middle and I saw no other faction normally there, but there is a very obvious road that takes you over into the other factions side if you wanted.

Several of the bonus series from 25 and up or so have you crossing zones but not sharing the same mobs with some exceptions.

Last night though on my 32 operative or so I wandered into the republic areas on tatooine and killed several rebs. Today coming out of castle panteer on alderan I ran into a guy questing on the bonus mobs outside and engaged him, but that's probably only the third time or so over 3 characters I've just ran into someone questing, usually we're hunting each other out being where we normally wouldn't.

One of the big issues is that you cannot communicate across the whole faction.

So someone on Tat can't tell people on fleet that there are two level 50s tearing up Tatooine.

Its such a shame, they really made the game feel like a solo instanced experience.

A few republic guys took over the Hoth base today. That was fun and hope there is more of this in the future.Also saw this happen on Voss at the shrine of healing.

But everybody is busy grinding, nobody wants to open world pvp cause there is no reward.

*actually I take back about the nar shadda bonus series. it's really only towards the end of that bonus are the areas more shared. While you can venture pretty deeply into each others area, the chances of "stumbling" upon each other come towards the ends of those lines. Sorry about that, just there now on my first imp after having 2 republic characters. Apparently most of the time I saw imps they were purposefully "exploring" outside their quest areas. Edited by Maxil