Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

And so the gold/credit sellers begin to strike!

LordShanon

At $60 a pop for a copy of this game and then 14.99 a month thereafter (after your first 29 days) it's sad that one has to put up with this level of harassment.

[snip]

Furthermore a BioWare needs to take a robust stance and ban these violators! Needless to say, this is very disappointing:(

You know, I can understand a lot of the complaints and criticism about this game, but this is just maddening to me. I've received a handful of these emails since launch -- far, far less than any other MMO I've ever played, most of which were much smaller.

I'm not disappointed at all with that. I'm actually hugely impressed at what a non-issue this has been, considering the profile and userbase for this game. Whatever they've been doing to curb this stuff, Bioware's been doing an incredible job.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Gold sellers" thrive in player driven economies with top gear being crafted. Crafters buy the gold for mats, adventurers buy the stuff for gear and so on. SWtOR is quest/story driven and everything can be earned. I don't think the farmers will do very well here.

Agreed, but it is more true that gold sellers thrive on losers...

/justsayin...

Actually BW has been the most effective at squelching the gold seller spam and banning users who send you those annoying mails in a very fast manner.

I think that's where most of the effort of their customer service team is centered hence why the in-game bug reports are just horrid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.