Why did you pick your class?

wallacejw

I picked With Warrior Marauder because i RP as Revan( someone very similiar to Revan, and the name was taken^^), I get the two lightsabers, i get the Mask( kind of) i get the Choices that matter, i feel like im doing things like Revan would in the situation, i feel like im playing KOTOR 3, every character i have is a reflection of Revan in some way

From my experience I played a mercenary to 50, then leveled an operative to 50. I liked both but then decided I wanted a tank because I could never find one for hardmodes, so I said screw it, gonna roll my own. Even though I already have a 50 merc I decided to go the powertech route and even though I am only lvl 29 I have to admit, I absolutely love it.

It depends on your playstyle though, if you like to range dps or even heal then go merc or sorcerer. Now if you want a force user I would suggest sorcerer, they are pretty good at range dps and even better at heals(if that's what you like to do).

But if you like to jump into a group of 5 mobs, Death from above an entire group and pounce on the elites or drag some poor saps in the acid pool in Huttball I would suggest powertech. I have never felt more pwerful lol.

Of course if you are playing republic and have no idea what I am talking about sorry, I only know Empire.

I picked With Warrior Marauder because i RP as Revan( someone very similiar to Revan, and the name was taken^^), I get the two lightsabers, i get the Mask( kind of) i get the Choices that matter, i feel like im doing things like Revan would in the situation, i feel like im playing KOTOR 3, every character i have is a reflection of Revan in some way

Is there more about Revan in KOTOR? I'm interested in his history and person, and the few quests about joining the Revanites didn't satisfy.

Also, I picked Marauder because I like multiple lightsabers, I like Sith, and I like speed/agility/strength.

Edited by ultimatesjk

I played WoW from the end of vanilla to the end of WOTLK. My two main characters were a rogue and prot warrior.

The first character i rolled on SWTOR was a Sith Marauder. I like classes that deal melee damage and that are also mobile. I never could get into playing a caster dps. And i can play a competent healer, but i was always a better dps/tank.

My main is an Imperial Agent Sniper, because I heard so many good reviews about its story arc, and so far (lvl 36), the story didn't disappoint! I love every minute of it. There're some plot twists I saw a mile away, but the actual confrontation is still fun (even the ridiculous bug makes the fight ridiculously hard). In both previous Kotor games, I get to do Jedi or Jedi turn darkside, I'm glad to have a change of pace and look at the Star Wars universe from a none-force perspective. And you get to be Star Wars' James Bond, and doing all the covert mission stuff. Really fun. Although, Sniper is probably not the best class to go with because of its low survivability (no healing companion until late 30s).

My Alt is Sith Marauder, about late 20s. IA story got a bit slow on Taris and I got sick and tired of all the ratghules... So I start roll out a new character. It's a star war game, so I got to have a force user. And I heard SW has the best story among force users, and I'd say I really enjoy the quests and NPCs I met. Everyone hates Baras and Quinn, but I actually really like these 2. Especially Baras, LOL, he's every bit of evil scheming manipulative sith lord I imagine one should be. And the conversation is very well written for class quests. You really do feel like a powerful sith lord (like Darth Maul) doing your master's bidding. And the combat is so much easier than sniper, especially after you get your healer companion in early 20. Survivability is so much higher than IA.

But yeah, overall, my pick my class mostly because storyline and quests.

Is there more about Revan in KOTOR? I'm interested in his history and person, and the few quests about joining the Revanites didn't satisfy.

Also, I picked Marauder because I like multiple lightsabers, I like Sith, and I like speed/agility/strength.

Yes, in the First one you get to experience Revans actions hands on, and in the second one he is more of a mysterious Legend, but you still learn alot about him, I also reccomend you do the Foundry and Mealstrom prison Flashpoints( mealstrom is republic) They are directly tied to Revan

Yes, in the First one you get to experience Revans actions hands on, and in the second one he is more of a mysterious Legend, but you still learn alot about him, I also reccomend you do the Foundry and Mealstrom prison Flashpoints( mealstrom is republic) They are directly tied to Revan

I might buy the games then- that is when/if I ever get bored with SW:TOR.

The original Kotor is about Revan. It's a great game, one of my favorite! I played it 7 times doing every possible scenario. It has one of those star wars plot twist that will get you say "OMG", and I think it's as good as "Luke I'm your father" moment!

I strongly suggest you play it! the graphic and play style is probably dated, but story is definitely worth playing.

The original Kotor is about Revan. It's a great game, one of my favorite! I played it 7 times doing every possible scenario. It has one of those star wars plot twist that will get you say "OMG", and I think it's as good as "Luke I'm your father" moment!

I strongly suggest you play it! the graphic and play style is probably dated, but story is definitely worth playing.

Probably perfect for my crappy computer with Intel graphics :p

I only have time to play one character and see him through to the end. Since I'm a big fan of Darth Maul, from Ep. 1, I had to roll with the Sith Assassin. I'm having a blast! Lots of cool looking gear; double-edged light saber; engaging story arc; and lots of sneaking about. :D

I might buy the games then- that is when/if I ever get bored with SW:TOR.

You should start playing KOTOR, really, it will tie up ALOT of loose ends, especially what happens on Taris, And what Revan did, but you dont have to get bored with SWTOR to play it, once youve played KOTOR i bet youll be even more inspired to play SWTOR

I started with Sorc because I wasn't sure which classes other then sorc on imps could heal, then I saw a BH pew pewing green bullets of life and thought hey thats kinda awsome. So I rolled BH and fell in love with the suto melee/range class. Then we all got sick of hutball and rolled republic and I've been loving my trooper.

Next class will be a Trooper Vanguard more then likely, I just like the flavor of troopers/BH's.

chose my trooper long before launch, mainly due to predicting everybody would go force user class.

commando combat medic just touched my soft side for other games such as Battlefield and then youtube videos from beta showing a Team Fortress healing style wsa even better....

However, now i wish i had made a vanguard instead and done healer on another class....but invested too much time on it to change now. ahhh well...

Atm I'm picking them all to level to 50 and then decide what to choose but I'm slots short to test them all on the same server. :(

For the moment I'm like jedi sage and sith sorc the most. Then the sniper/gunslinger.

Edited by Kirameki

I wanted to try something other than tanking or healing for once. I also really liked the thought of a dual wielding jedi. It just happened that the jedi sentinel ended up having both things that i wanted so yea... perfect match-up.

first one - sorc healer. never played a healer before and wanted to try a support class (Im pure heals, no hybrid) edit: not a very.. engaging story though..

then a sniper - who doesnt want to be james bond? XD ..pretty good dps class, bit immobile and squishie before you get the hang of the mechanics.

smuggler - heard it was a fun story. havent gotten so far yet though.

Edited by annexes