Allowed to dps?

andhean

Sorry if this has been done to death here - but I wasn't finding it well on a search.

Pretty much title says it all. I like my jugg more than a mara, but I'm afraid of being laughed at/forced into tanking.

Is this a problem? Can I be a dps jugg for pugs, etc?

Thanks

While it's certainly not the standard, you will find the ignorant pushing a jugg to tank. But on the whole, I've gotten warm responses most the times I've ran. Having a guild is also a good choice as well. Im in a smaller relaxed guild, and we will run with whatever and whoever.

But also keep in mind the general perception of tanking classes, no matter which MMO you play. Even if yo like DPS...you did pick a TANK class. For the most part...tanking classes can be rare, so often you may be the only one in the group that even HAS a tanking spec/stance available. So you may end up in situations where you sitting there waiting for a tank...and 10-15m pass by...usually at that point ill say "nevermind guys, ill tank it." I just want to get the run done.

so even if you prefer DPS, it would behoove you to get used to how your class tanks. remaining ignorant of it wont help you...you'll probably end up in situations like above where you will tank on your own choice. But it doesn't mean you should always have to, and for the most part, I've been free to pick on my own in most runs.

A good tip: if your responding to query's in chat, don't reply with "I'm a juggernaut, ill run that instance with you". far too often people will just assume that your going to tank. Instead, reply with "I'm DPS, ill run that instance with you." then at least they understand your coming in as DPS...whether they agree with it or not.

See my sig? :D

I raid as Veng, I PvP as Veng, I solo as Veng. I play what spec I like, and guess what? The guild I'm in are happy with that as well as I get the job done.

As long as you are competent, then people won't say a thing. If however, you aren't, then others will start questioning you no matter what Class/AC/Spec you are

It certainly is funny that nobody questions an assasins ability to dps, or even a powertech's ability to dps although both of those classes tank as good or better than juggs. There definately is a stigma around juggs as a dps class. Ideally I think that the optimal dps output potential for a dps jugg should be exactly the same as it is for a dps powertech or assasin or something is broke...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.