The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Biometric Crystal Alloy for non-pve players

Donreidy

I get all these from simply standing on the fleet. Now is the fleet a pvp or pve area?

Let me know where on the fleet you loot crafting schematics because I would like to do that too. Buying off the GTN and/or trading with other players doesn't count, because guess where those schematics come from.

There are also crew skill trainers on most (every?) PvE planets. In which PvP areas do the crew skill trainers reside?

And the PvE centric stats on the armor? I notice you didn't address that one.

Just because PvE related elements are in a neutral (non-PvE non-PvP) environment does not mean that they are not still PvE related elements.

Edited by Laokoon

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know where on the fleet you loot crafting schematics because I would like to do that too. Buying off the GTN and/or trading with other players doesn't count, because guess where those schematics come from.

R

There are also crew skill trainers on most (every?) PvE planets. In which PvP areas do the crew skill trainers reside?

And the PvE centric stats on the armor? I notice you didn't address that one.

Just because PvE related elements are in a neutral (non-PvE non-PvP) environment does not mean that they are not still PvE related elements.

Schematics from Fleet: You can buy all the way up to Rakata gear on Fleet which is neutral area as both pvp/PvE centric (Vendors for both and daily hub quests). Plus running Underworld Trading can give schematics which is a Mission skill and only relies on Credit use for everyone--get credits from pvp too so viable either way. Granted most schematics that require the PvE required items are only obtainable by PvE but not all.

PvE centric stats on gear--doesn't hold up till level 50 now as well. Also they plan on adding craft able expertise gear according to summit and recent interviews.

Just because you can PvE everything and in other games crafting is PvE centeric does not mean it should always be so. Until Rakata recipe everything is just as viable option to obtain mats by running missions and/or purchasing mats of all types with credits rewarded by pvp alone (although more time/cash is required).

The "PvE bop mats should remain PvE only" is a sad excuse as "progression" is not PvE only anymore in games. As long as there is no way that farming them easily/quick becomes an issue market will still not be flooded and PvE only players have nothing to complain about. It's when they become boe and non crafters start taking mats to sell that they can complain as that is much more annoying in long run if you group for mats and then get screwed by someone as had to pug for one reason or another (usually not an issue if guilded but HM FPs are still very puggable as is normal ops or even most HM bosses).

Edited by Eldyraen