The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Endgame PVE DPS

Giusti

looking for some good raiding DPS builds for powertech. From what I've heard it's pyrotech, so let me know what you guys think is best.

For PvE it's Pyrotech or AP. AP is criminally underrated for long, sustained damage. Either way, both will get the job done, and will be based on how good the player is. Pyro, however, is quite good for PvP where as AP.. well it's not as good.

hmm, thanks for the link there, that is only AP though, and I have heard not so good things about it. I cannot find a decent guide on Pyrotech.

Anyone know where one it? Was also wondering which columni set to get, ended up with an almost full set of eliminator so far.

I am currently using an Adv. Proto. build that works very well for me.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMsrRRrfk0sZb.1

It's different than your standard Pyrotech build, and if played well, will be doing just as much (if not more damage than others in your raid). I consistently kill mob on Infernal Council (Nightmare Mode) before the others in my raid by upwards of 5-10 seconds depending on RNG. It has good survivabillity, and having Hydraulic Overrides is very nice for the 30% speed boost on different fights.

Rotation:

• Rectractable Blade (keep up DoT)>Immolate>Rocket Punch>Rail Shot>Flame Burst>Flame Thrower(at five stacks of Prototype).

• Use Explosive Missle, Flame Sweep, and Death from Above as needed on AoE.

Tips:

Try to time cooldowns with Immolate and your big hitting abilities (use off cd then). Watch your threat at the beginning (this build has big burst threat, but after tank holds aggro, you're good to go with consistent damage output).

Good luck!

Here

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Powertech-Vanguard-DPS-Compendium

All the help you should need if you are asking such questions.

Just to simply, the current build going around that thread is.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMsZfhrbzGhMM.1

I've been using it for two weeks in PvE and it's been pretty great, Burnout (2/3) will be more dps in a raid environment then (2/2) Hot Iron.

Supposedly and sim'd at least. Which makes sense since you spend a good amount of time (few minutes) on a boss that is 30% and below.

The places where TD is used in a raid environment is *maybe* mind traps on SOA if your team is terrible at switching. Otherwise in a sustained battle it's relatively worthless.

I am also using this build as my offspec, great fun in PvP and PvE.

500k+ dmg pvp matches, breaking things apart in PvE... railshot punch railshot fb railshot....and then get unlucky on procs for a while :)

One thing I've noticed, maybe someone else has to (?) - when I hit my CDs I seem to get less procs, or maybe it's just that I'm paying more attention at this point!

I am normally a tank.

Just to simply, the current build going around that thread is.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMsZfhrbzGhMM.1

I've been using it for two weeks in PvE and it's been pretty great, Burnout (2/3) will be more dps in a raid environment then (2/2) Hot Iron.

Supposedly and sim'd at least. Which makes sense since you spend a good amount of time (few minutes) on a boss that is 30% and below.

The places where TD is used in a raid environment is *maybe* mind traps on SOA if your team is terrible at switching. Otherwise in a sustained battle it's relatively worthless.

right on, I have seen this build on some other PVE posts. What sort of rotation are you using since you dont have TD. I'm guessing railshot is your biggest dmg...

right on, I have seen this build on some other PVE posts. What sort of rotation are you using since you dont have TD. I'm guessing railshot is your biggest dmg...

Yeah, no matter what spec railshot is your biggest damage.

IM > Flame Burst > Railshot > Rocket Punch > (Rail Shot if Reset) > Flame Burst > (Rail Shot If Reset) then Flameburst until your RP comes back up or you get a proc.

Weave Rapid Shots throughout the rotation though to keep your heat relatively low, sub 50 really. Sure you can do a lot of quick damage but with vent heat not available it's frustrating sitting there for a long time so your heat goes down.

If vent heat is available, I tend to go to 100 heat, use it, and throw a few more attacks in before being conservative again. (Even though it's a minute and a half cooldown, I tend to use it wth my trinkets so I can get max uptime of them).

IM is nice but it's not a priority for me due to the heat cost. If it's getting close to enrage or I need some quick burst that heat is better used in other ability. I tend to only use it when Override is available so it can be free.

As an added note, this build does well in PvP too. You definately notice the burst difference due to not TD if you seem to be the only one smart enough to attack that Merc Healer but otherwise you'll still max damage and contribute to melting faces very well.

Just for video sake:

First time trying that build in PvP. So you'll see it performs fairly well too.

Edited by exphryl

just did my first huttball with this build. Played a tank for the entire leveling process and at 50 until now. Hit 280k dmg done, didn't know *** to do for the first half, but as soon as I got the whole proc to RS = win thing I got it:)

Thats with no PVP gear either, just a mixmatch of columni eliminator and tank gear ;p