Patch 1.2! WHEN?!

NormYcz

1.2 isn't going to affect me in any way because I'm still low level, but it's not coming until March? I've played games that have patches every week...

The devs have said a few times that 1.1 was slated for January and 1.2 for March. To my knowledge, they have not changed that timeline (and for what it's worth, they did release 1.1 in January).

No triple-A MMO I know of has a weekly major patch schedule; 1.2 is not a hotfix, it's a huge feature-rich update to the game. The typical wait time between patches in other games of similar calibre is 3-4 months, the fact we're waiting barely two months between major updates so far is actually a good, healthy sign.

Rift is the only other MMO which comes close to having the shortest delays between major patches (I'd say Rift and SWTOR so far have equal delays between patches, however SWTOR also has weekly minor patches to fix bugs).

PS: Why is this thread in the "Check-in" forum? Can a mod please move it to a more appropriate board.

Edited by efylinx

1.2 isn't going to affect me in any way because I'm still low level, but it's not coming until March? I've played games that have patches every week...

They do have patches/fixes every week. I don't think anyone has played a game such as this where major content overhauls come out every single week.