Gearing up at 50 -- How?

noodlehaus

I've been told that PvP provides adequate gear as well...

But PvE-wise :

- daily quests (Ilum/Belsavis)

- Normal mode operations (alternatively HM flashpoints)

- Hard mode operations

Crafting provides a handful of BoE decent gear, and, depending on profession, a couple of BoP best-in-slot gear items. Nothing earth-shattering, though, and certainly nothing you would want to start a crafting profession from scratch for, unless you are desperate for those last 10 points of stat bonus, which sure can be a nice icing but are hardly necessary.

1-2 Farm Ilum dailies for Mods.

Why just Ilum dailies? I think you can make up to 15 daily commendations when you combine the ones on Ilum, on Belsavis (two places), and the 2 you get from that space mission daily (ascendancy barrier thing).

1. dailies

2. hardmode flashpoints and normal operations

3. hardmode operations

I've been told that PvP provides adequate gear as well...

I think this is a misunderstanding of some sort, I always consider pvp gear weaker to actual pve endgame gear.

Edited by Karkais

First of, as already mention, you need to farm daily's on Illum and Belsavis.

The commendations you earn you will first spend on mod upgrades from the mod commendation vendor. He only sell two of them though, barrel and mods i think.

You should have orange gear in all your gear slots by now. The two hardest orange pieces to get is Belt and Wrist!

You can get a orange Belt from the space commendation vendor in the space port. Orange wrist however, GTN is your best bet.

It is so rare, that you should not care if it is light, medium or heavy armor. As long as you can wear it, get it!

Use your first commendations to deck out all your orange gear from the mod commendation vendor. You will also get mods from the +4 heroics daily's. Farm these until you have upgraded all your gear. When you are all decked out with daily's mods, time to hit HM FP's.

When you are all decked out from HM FP's, well then its time to do Operations- and the circle continues.

Check out this link for a guide to daily's

On both my characters i just pvp'd for Cent/Champ gear and once i was geared with that started rolling into HM FP's and Ops... you know the rest from there. Worked fine for me.

I just want to comment on this.

You could gear up like this, through PvP, but it will take a little bit more time to do compared to PvE daily's. Then again, if you like PvP, you will do it the PvP way.. if not the PvE way is faster and better.

Also, PvP gear- is PvP gear. PvE vice, after you have gotten the first mods from the mod commendation vendor, your gear will be better than Cent/Champ gear since there is hardly any crit or surge stat on PvP gear! You should be ahead of the PvP geard player after 2 - 3 days of farming PvE daily's.

Your gear will even be better than Battle Master gear, PvE vice, after you have decked out your daily's and moved over to do HM FP's.

Edited by Ardah

What i did:

Do enough pvp while leveling up soo you have your first Champion bag and youve capped your merc and regular pvp badges soo you can buy another 5 bags.

Farm the bejesus out of the easier hardmodes until you get better gear to be able to handle the harder ones.

Keep on pvping while you gear up in hardmodes and replace your pvp items as you get better items in the FPs.

It took me a week to kit out my healing sorc this way,

And with kit-out i mean outgearing normal mode raids.

Screw the Ilum/Belsavis dailies.

Yes, i know theres no other way to get the rakata implants/ear piece but considering the time invested to get them i dont think its worth it,

the bore factor on these quests are super high and it takes effin forever to get them done.

I would say:

1.Finish all your quests if you haven't already.

2.Get yourself a full set of modable gear.

3.Do dailies on Ilum and Belsavis to get both money and daily comms. Use the daily comms to get 51 hilts/barrels/armoring. If you do the heroics as well, you'll also net some 50 enhancements and mods. Otherwise, just buy the purple 50 enhancements and mods with the money you get.

4.Fill your remaining slots with 49/50 purples

5.Get your 50 datacron relic, and buy another.

6.If you still feeling like doing dailies, get the 120 mods and earpiece. Either way...

7.Head onto HM FPs.

just go to ilum and belsavis and do the dailies, you'll be ready for raids.

not sure how they do stuff in wow, but you'll get a quest that'll send you to fleet when you're done with your class quest. it'll send you to ilum. there'll be a box next to that guy who sends you to belsavis. do both quests.

Edited by TheNevet

If don´t need to run dailies or do FP´s on normal or hardmode.

Just jump into 8man (16 man with more loot) operations in normal mode if you have the opportunity.

It will make all the other options obsolete. Only thing you can´t get out of ops is the bracers/belt or at least they are so rare I haven´t seen them yet.

You can either craft them if you´re Armormech (Rakata level ones) or get them from dailies.

But you really don´t need them until you hit NM ops.