5k crits are normal again.

KoruptData

Lvl 50 shadow here with about half my BM gear aquired. With WZ adrenal, potency, and power relic popped I was getting crits in the mid to high 4k's. I have now been using Prototype Hyper-Battle Resolve stims or Exotech Resolve stims to yes, pvp in. Now I almost get atleast one 5k+ crit a match with my highest being 5800. Good thing about these stims is they persist through death so don't worry about dieing. They last for 2 hours and I've been buying them for about 11k each on my server. I need to lvl bio now though as I can see this draining my money but a very fun gain for the money. I spent a little over 300k for 30 of them so I'm set for awhile.

Lvl 50 shadow here with about half my BM gear aquired. With WZ adrenal, potency, and power relic popped I was getting crits in the mid to high 4k's. I have now been using Prototype Hyper-Battle Resolve stims or Exotech Resolve stims to yes, pvp in. Now I almost get atleast one 5k+ crit a match with my highest being 5800. Good thing about these stims is they persist through death so don't worry about dieing. They last for 2 hours and I've been buying them for about 11k each on my server. I need to lvl bio now though as I can see this draining my money but a very fun gain for the money. I spent a little over 300k for 30 of them so I'm set for awhile.

Half BM and rest what? rakata? i m half BM rest champion with some remoding done (for +power),i use my +565 power adrenal +power relic +potency and have never seen a 5k crit, NEVER, biggest is 4.6k or so, wondering how and on whom you ppl do those numbers...

PS: my surge is already at 76% or so, so i dont think thats a factor...

Half BM and rest what? rakata? i m half BM rest champion with some remoding done (for +power),i use my +565 power adrenal +power relic +potency and have never seen a 5k crit, NEVER, biggest is 4.6k or so, wondering how and on whom you ppl do those numbers...

I get those numbers and higher all the time as infil. Post your stats here and I'll help you get up there too.

I'm half BM with the rest champ. Sitting at 630 expertise, 30% crit, 73% surge. I have some mods changed around to get these numbers. My accuracy is around 96% and the rest is power. I then use the stim I talk about. Then in conjunction with power relic, potency and wz adrenal I am able to produce these numbers, usually with a spinning strike but sometimes with a breach or back stab.

i have half bm half champ gear and have never hit a 5k crit (yes i obviously use stims/relics/adrenals and what not)

if i hit a target with low expertise im sure i could hit over 5k but does that even matter? they get killed in one "infil combo" anyways

if you have a trick or somthing to it that would be greatly appreciated.

edit* i didnt notice that it was the OP who psted his stats, there is no way your force breach crits for over 5k on anyone with any decent amount of expertise, execute i can see it happening but ive never done it, and backstab i doubt it.

we have pretty much the same stats except my crit/surge are higher, but i would be interested your power rating. I feel you we may be able to regularly crit a low expertise target for 5k, but saying its "normal" is just plain wrong. anyone equaly geared you definatly WOULD NOT be able to hit them for 5k no way in hell.

Edited by Cubertt

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-4avxkx3uJXg/T03I1DYLR0I/AAAAAAAAAVY/vd78I6ijpn8/s1280/swtor%25202012-02-29%252001-36-20-19.jpg

There is a picture of all my stats with every buff applied. Hope it gives you insight.

Nice screen shot. Now show us a few of these "normal" 5k crits. Vs low valor targets I am confident that you could hit 5k easily with all of your consumables popped. But vs a BM that just isn't going to happen; at least not on a consistent basis.

Also - saying that a certain circumstance is "normal", especially when you are forced to use every consumable available to you in order for it to occur, is a tad misleading.

I'm not saying that you are full of it. I'm just saying that I would like to see proof - ideally on several BM's of various classes.

Nice screen shot. Now show us a few of these "normal" 5k crits. Vs low valor targets I am confident that you could hit 5k easily with all of your consumables popped. But vs a BM that just isn't going to happen; at least not on a consistent basis.

Also - saying that a certain circumstance is "normal", especially when you are forced to use every consumable available to you in order for it to occur, is a tad misleading.

I'm not saying that you are full of it. I'm just saying that I would like to see proof - ideally on several BM's of various classes.

Who said im doing it against BM's? I try to go for low geared targets, I try to take out easy targets. Less of the enemy is always a plus. There have been games now after a few days of doing this that its not possible as I am facing a team of well geared players. Point is, since the surge nerf, I was NOT getting 5k any more but with the added stim, it has allowed me to get the 5k crit again. Yes the circumstances have to be right but its possible. Most of the time I can do it though.

well you have a bit more power then me but ur just a tad under the sweet spot of surge of 75 %. Really i just dont see it. against even full centurian geared targets i dont think you can crit over 5k besides MABEY execute and then only on clothies.

on a side note i cant believe your rank 63 and you still click, idk if i should be impressed or appauled but i would recomend starting to keybind your ****, it will help vastly.( im sure your very succesful but one can always improve)

Who said im doing it against BM's? I try to go for low geared targets, I try to take out easy targets. Less of the enemy is always a plus. There have been games now after a few days of doing this that its not possible as I am facing a team of well geared players. Point is, since the surge nerf, I was NOT getting 5k any more but with the added stim, it has allowed me to get the 5k crit again. Yes the circumstances have to be right but its possible. Most of the time I can do it though.

the point being made is that they are not normal they require a super geared person( with all CDs up) to target a super undergeared target.

I feel you i go for them too but wasting all your CD on them is such a waste, 1 or 2 combos will kill them anyways.

going OH THAT GUY HAS 12k HP IMA USE ALL MY CD TO KILL THEM is very unecesary and i personaly would not call that "normal" or "regular" i would call it "possible"

the point being made is that they are not normal they require a super geared person( with all CDs up) to target a super undergeared target.

I feel you i go for them too but wasting all your CD on them is such a waste, 1 or 2 combos will kill them anyways.

going OH THAT GUY HAS 12k HP IMA USE ALL MY CD TO KILL THEM is very unecesary and i personaly would not call that "normal" or "regular" i would call it "possible"

Precisely.

well you have a bit more power then me but ur just a tad under the sweet spot of surge of 75 %. Really i just dont see it. against even full centurian geared targets i dont think you can crit over 5k besides MABEY execute and then only on clothies.

on a side note i cant believe your rank 63 and you still click, idk if i should be impressed or appauled but i would recomend starting to keybind your ****, it will help vastly.( im sure your very succesful but one can always improve)

Yeah, I here that. Im the guy that brings a controller to a Street Fighter tourney, lol. I have my mouse speed set to a spot and everything is just muscle memory to me now. My wife watched me play once and noticed that my mouse is barely moving when im clicking everything. I feel more in control this way and dont feel I could ever change. My guild is amazed when I tell someone who does not know that im a clicker. Im not trying to BS people here, I dont know why I would have that agenda. I was oh so close before the stims but they have sent me over the top and now I get them and that is the whole reason for this post. Im getting 5k crits, like I said mostly with spinning strike.

going OH THAT GUY HAS 12k HP IMA USE ALL MY CD TO KILL THEM is very unnecessary and i personaly would not call that "normal" or "regular" i would call it "possible"

A kill is a kill. One less person healing the enemy team or one less person doing damage to our team is alway better. If you can take them out of the equation quickly....you should. That's a good strategy, no question; I dont care if they are low geared or not. I don't see why you guys are attacking me like im some BSer or that what I do is not worth while. I know im a good Infiltration Shadow.

Point of the thread I created is, there is a medal in WZ's for a 5k hit, really easy to get pre patch, now kinda hard to get clearly. I have figured something out for myself that is helping me get a 5k crit with what I would consider a sense of normalcy. I don't consider it rare, I dont feel like its a "hard" thing to get anymore.

If you don't believe me, that's your all's business. It does not make me feel bad that you feel that way.

Yeah, I here that. Im the guy that brings a controller to a Street Fighter tourney, lol. I have my mouse speed set to a spot and everything is just muscle memory to me now. My wife watched me play once and noticed that my mouse is barely moving when im clicking everything. I feel more in control this way and dont feel I could ever change. My guild is amazed when I tell someone who does not know that im a clicker. Im not trying to BS people here, I dont know why I would have that agenda. I was oh so close before the stims but they have sent me over the top and now I get them and that is the whole reason for this post. Im getting 5k crits, like I said mostly with spinning strike.

i used to be pretty firm on not key binding too, i was pretty successful in WoW arenas as a clicker, but key binding definatly gives u at least a small advantage. And im not saying you never 5k crit but on my server at least i rarely encounter people without at least half PvP gear so you could be facing more squishy targets then me i suppose. My only thing is i have never hit for 5k ( or at least noticed) and i have almost the exact same gear as you.

what kind of health pools do the people that you regularly hit over 5k hp have?

if the person has over 14k (which almost everyone in WZ do on my server )then it seems pretty odd to me to be normal.

im not questioning you doing the dmg im questioning the claim of "normal" i wouldnt call it normal imo if i have to target someone with little to no gear to do so because the norm is that people half at least half PvP gear besides mabey 1 person on each team

A kill is a kill. One less person healing the enemy team or one less person doing damage to our team is alway better. If you can take them out of the equation quickly....you should. That's a good strategy, no question; I dont care if they are low geared or not. I don't see why you guys are attacking me like im some BSer or that what I do is not worth while. I know im a good Infiltration Shadow.

Point of the thread I created is, there is a medal in WZ's for a 5k hit, really easy to get pre patch, now kinda hard to get clearly. I have figured something out for myself that is helping me get a 5k crit with what I would consider a sense of normalcy. I don't consider it rare, I dont feel like its a "hard" thing to get anymore.

If you don't believe me, that's your all's business. It does not make me feel bad that you feel that way.

ahhhhha thx man, this psts stops my arguments. Now it is normal to get the medal which it is wasnt b4, i feel you. when i read your pst i was thinking

"this guys saying hes critting for 5k left and right" which doesnt seem to be what you meant.

I get those numbers and higher all the time as infil. Post your stats here and I'll help you get up there too.

Thanks, here are my stats in detail (selfbuffed):

MELEE:

Damage(Pri): 711-895

Bonus Damage: 344,5

Accuracy: 93,45%

Critical Chance: 29,65%

Critical Multiplier: 76,15%

FORCE

Bonus Damage: 603

Bonus Healing: 293,7

Accuracy: 103,45%

Critical Chance: 28,79%

Critical Multiplier: 76,15%

Willpower:1393 / Expertise:627

Battlemasters robe+legs remoded with the +power/surge enchancments from champions smuggler gear plus the Rakata stalekrs motivator, i also got the BM saber.

I m using ofc my Rakata attack Adrenal+power relic(champion one)+force potency and have done 2x clairvoyant strikes before...

I m open to suggestions and to add any other gear detail you wish to know.

KoruptData , i saw your stats and as you can see in my previous post (that i have my own stats ),if you remove the force might buff that you have and its not yours our stats are the same and in crit multiplier i m with a +3% over you , i m using the same damage pots as you do,so i have no idea how you do the numbers you say you do, dont wanna say you re lying or anything but it seems impossible to me... Edited by Hebbi

I am full BM gear, for relics I got rakata craftable with surge augment and the matrix cube.

I have similar stats as the person in the screenshot with 3 diferences.

My crit is 32% vs yours 31%(you had 5% crit buff that is not self buff) and

I have 70% surge.

I have 99.4% accuracy.

BM gear mods were not modified.

When I burst I use force potency, rakata power relic and warzone +15% to expertise.

I have seen 5k+ crit only 3 times. None of them after surge nerf.

After surge nerf I never seen 5k+ Highest I got was 4.8k. By the 5k single hit I mean pure single hit, when you get a medal for it in WZ. My average crit is 4.4k against high armor targets its around 3.6-8k.

Full BM gear, never seen 5k after surge nerf.