The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tanking gear question!

ObliqueZombie

Okay, so a couple weeks ago, I hit 50 on my Powertech. I had the "level 50 blues" and started playing other, but over the last week or so, I've been PvPing with my awesome tank like none other, and I've been having a blast. (after figuring out using Guard gives me commendations--I have a role!)

After many days of scouring the gear, I finally figured out which gear does what, and what stats I'm looking for.

However, because of that and some complications as I was leveling, I didn't do many FPs--nothing past The Foundry, to be exact.

So my question is: what stats should I be looking for when I start doing Hard Modes to gear for raids? I know the stats for PvE and PvP are slightly different (not including Expertise--that's a given), but I don't know exactly what I'm looking for.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Faasnu

For PvE

AC, Health, Defense, Shielding, Absorption <-- I prioritize in this order

AC reduces damage getting past your defense which is then shielded and any attack that is shielded is reduced by your absorption there by reducing the damage getting to you and your health

Edited by Ujest

Dont listen to the guy above me.

You want to stack Shield and Absorb before Defense. Our tanking tree has a few procs based on shielding an attack, so naturally it would be ideal to have a high shield chance to have these proc more frequently.

... This thread was on the first page...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=294697

But yeah, the first reply is way off for PT's. You want to prioritize shield/absorb until about 50% then you can start worrying about defense. There is a reason our talents revolve around shield and absorbs.

Edited by midnitemonster