3 more free wins to empire thanks Bioware

Vase

I had 4 Alderaan WZ's in a row where we were on the **** end of the stick at 5 v 8. If you're up against a team of 8 that know's what they're doing, your chances of coming back and winning after starting out 3 men down is slim to none.

It's a crappy situation to queue in to.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This attitude that is prevalent in MMOs for the last couple of years is just amazing to me. Losing is a part of the game. It builds character, teaches you by showing you your vulnerabilities so you can grow and expand your limitations, and has the side benefit of turning things around. Without engaging in a game and losing, you very rarely get any character building. I can see, though, that this side of living and growing and maturing is discarded by this generation. Simply amazing to me, our lil snowflakes.

More often than not, with strategy and organization, you can pull it off, even if you are outnumbered.

oh please!

the only thing worse than the 'I want it now MMO generation' are loons like you spouting this crap about them :)

umm ... no your not,

and check my website on how bad a programmer I am?

Dude use your freaking brain seriously. The principle is the same as trying to buy a plane ticket , there are 16 for sale and it doesn't matter if you are in the process of buying it or not, once they are out they are out, if someone beats you to it you lose your spot. A database and decent programming controls all that.

Noone likes losing or dying and everyone wants the easy mode. You don't learn anything by getting farmed/zerged/losing. This is not irl, this is a game where people wants instant gratification.

Example:

The only thing I learn when I get farmed in ilum for hours trying to finish my daily and getting 20 valor per kill cause Imps owned is that I should have rolled Imp and play easy mode.

Really? The only thing I learn when getting farmed on Ilum for hours is to leave and go do something else instead of getting farmed for hours and hours.

And when it comes to Warzones, there are two things I've learned.

1. Everyone is out of LoS. Always.

2. As a Healer, it is given that at least 3 Battlemasters will be on me like white on rice.

Oh, I guess another couple items...

3. If anyone has the ability to guard, they will put guard on a DPS'er.

4. MVP awards goto friends/guildies, not who contributed the most to the match.

5. The plethora of stuns, interrupts and knockbacks means that I can at most only throw out instant cast spells.

Dude use your freaking brain seriously. The principle is the same as trying to buy a plane ticket , there are 16 for sale and it doesn't matter if you are in the process of buying it or not, once they are out they are out, if someone beats you to it you lose your spot. A database and decent programming controls all that.

'if someone beats you to it you lose your spot.'

So now your algorithm has changed and states that if your not quick enough to check the join button when the box comes you lose your spot.

I'm sure this will go well with people. :rolleyes: But thanks for further proving that you know nothing about scheduling problems.

Umm ... no you're not, because you would know that a DBA is different than a software engineer. Like I said your algorithm is full of fail, it will never get implemented and there is a reason why most scheduling algorithms are the same.

Check my calculator tool on how bad a programmer I am? I did that in a few hours. As for using my brain, well I contribute more than QQ ... unlike you.

You crack me up dude a DBA doesnt make databases it juts administers them, you dont have to be a programmer to run a database. You think all the modules that you have to make in VBA/C++ w/e is not programming?

I have a BS in computer engineering if you must know, keep bragging about IRL to make a point on the interwebz you iz so leet. Next you gonna tell us how much u make and you are rich and you can buy all the RMT credits you want.

You crack me up dude a DBA doesnt make databases it juts administers them

Dude how can I take you seriously. First you say you design databases for a living, then you say crap like I just quoted. I know you're full of it, when you take the title of the job and use it to describe what it does :rolleyes:

From wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database_administrator

A database administrator (short form DBA) is a person responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring and maintenance of physical databases.

The role includes the development and design of database strategies, monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansion requirements. They may also plan, co-ordinate and implement security measures to safeguard the database.

Edited by Orangerascal

'if someone beats you to it you lose your spot.'

So now your algorithm has changed and states that if your not quick enough to check the join button when the box comes you lose your spot.

I'm sure this will go well with people. :rolleyes: But thanks for further proving that you know nothing about scheduling problems.

Welcome to how things work in real life. The algorithm has safe guards to avoid exploiting, you know like people when were doing "tricks" to get 10 in a WZ while the other team had 8.

You get 16 tickets per WZ , 8 per side, once a WZ is filled you get auto-directed to next instance and so on. If there are no other instances you lose your spot and queue again, the game now gives you 1 min to get in. Having the WZ imbalanced cause of bad design is not the player fault and you thinking it can't be done just shows how little contact with RL programming you have ever had.

Dude how can I take you serious. First you say you design databases for a living, then you say crap like I just quoted.

From wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database_administrator

A database administrator (short form DBA) is a person responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring and maintenance of physical databases.

The role includes the development and design of database strategies, monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansion requirements. They may also plan, co-ordinate and implement security measures to safeguard the database.

Jesus dude you just said it.

The role includes the "development and design of database strategies" is not the same as creating a database from the ground up.

Where does it say creation there? I create databases dude, I design the whole programming for the databases. I can administer them if I must but I just make them.

Edited by AddexSoT

The role includes the development and design of database strategies is not the same as creating a database from the ground up.

Really .... this is just too easy now .... and oh so sig worthy.

Where does it say creation there? I create databases dude, I design the whole programming for the databases. I can administer them if I must but I just make them.

bro ... anyone can type CREATE DATABASE YOU_GOT_OWNED. You're not going to get a job for knowing 1 piece of sql syntax.

P.S. I'm laughing so hard right now. BTW I linked this on spiceworks.com, they are have a right laugh right now.

Edited by Orangerascal

I am computer programmer and I design databases for a living, try again. The solution is simple if the game is already full and you havent clicked you lost your spot and the option goes away, try to use your brain to come up with solutions , you make a bad programmer.

Or have the warzone not start until there is at worst a 1 man adavantage. Had a 2 vs 8 the other day. I know the other side had 8 because we were attacking voidstar in the first round and I could count the speeders coming in.

Me and the other guy stuck around to see what would happen. 5 other people ended up coming in, seeing there were only 2 others and quitting. Hold off the start for a min or 2 to balance the teams out we would have had a game going on.

Zomg I just posted that in 4chan and we iz all laughing and posting lolcat pics in your honor.

Now who's 14?

Like I said, if your algoritm is so good, why hasn't it been used yet, and why are basically everyone else's scheduling algorithm the same in almost every other game.

That's right you're smarter than the developers at Bioware ... and Blizzard ... and Trion ... and Funcom .... and NCsoft :rolleyes:.

In fact send in your CV right away and tell them you've solved the scheduling problem plagueing warfont queue's. In fact quick patent your algorithm before I steal it.

Edited by Orangerascal

Really .... this is just too easy now .... and oh so sig worthy.

bro ... anyone can type CREATE DATABASE YOU_GOT_OWNED. You're not going to get a job for knowing 1 piece of sql syntax.

P.S. I'm laughing so hard right now. BTW I linked this on spiceworks.com, they are have a right laugh right now.

As someone else who develops & administers databases, including the coding parts, I've gotta agree with the other guy.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

:edit:

Your website is useful though. ;)

Edited by Jestunhi

Now who's 14?

Like I said, if your algoritm is so good, why hasn't it been used yet, and why are basically everyone else's scheduling algorithm the same in almost every other game.

That's right you're smarter than he developers at Bioware ... and Blizzard ... and Trion ... and Funcom .... and NCsoft :rolleyes:

Your a back-seat programmer that's why. You think you have good ideas, but when people call you on them ... you deflect.

Dear nub:

Rift for example has the so called mercing where if there is a side imbalance, members of such side join the other one thus creating a balanced Warfront.

You should know better than to think is the same algorithm , just cause some options are similar like giving you a 1 minute time to decide it doesnt mean is the same, I never saw in Rift the obvious imbalance star wars suffer in WZs for example.

Not only that, other games let me see how many ppl the other side has and our score boards in the middle of the game, things that swtor doesnt like to show us. So unless you have direct knowledge on the programming of all this games and you have actually seen the code, I would recommend you to **** and not be such a fanboi.

Which part did you agree with: the algorithm that does not work or the shady explanation of his imaginary job?

The accurate explanation that an administrator administrates while a developer (or engineer in this case) develops.

Here's a quote from the wiki link which you provided, part of the duties section:

Creating primary database storage structures (tablespaces) after application developers have designed an application

Creating primary objects (tables, views, indexes) once application developers have designed an application

Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers
Edited by Jestunhi

Dear nub:

Rift for example has the so called mercing where if there is a side imbalance, members of such side join the other one thus creating a balanced Warfront.

You should know better than to think is the same algorithm , just cause some options are similar like giving you a 1 minute time to decide it doesnt mean is the same, I never saw in Rift the obvious imbalance star wars suffer in WZs for example.

Not only that, other games let me see how many ppl the other side has and our score boards in the middle of the game, things that swtor doesnt like to show us. So unless you have direct knowledge on the programming of all this games and you have actually seen the code, I would recommend you to **** and not be such a fanboi.

Because rift always had a large population pool to draw from because of .... wait for it .... cross server queueing. And even than you get the occasional off game especially in premade vs premade when the other premade does not accept the invite.

Edited by Orangerascal