Force Push for threat generation?

mattnaik

Let me start this off by saying I don't play a Guardian so I am pretty ignorant about the class altogether but is Force Push a good threat generator? The reason I ask is that a friend of mine plays a guardian and claims that this is one of his best threat generation abilities. I couldn't find anywhere that says it generates threat. He also says that force leap is his main focus generator so any chance he can use the leap he needs to.

I find it incredibly annoying that being a Watchman Sentinel I'm trying to keep dots up at all times then all of a sudden he's halfway across the room and my force leap is on cooldown. So my DPS drops to 0 and my rotation is completely thrown off.

I can also see this causing problems with AoE abilities completely missing targets with poorly timed pushes.

If this shouldn't be part of a tanking rotation, I'd like to let him know before we start trying to do hardmodes when he gets to level 50. He'll still probably get pissed at me for telling him how to play his class but I'd like to at least know I am right before saying anything more to him.

Force Push in and of itself doesn't have a threat modifier that I know of but does give a lot of opportunity to establish one's self as the highest mark on the threat meter.

Through key binds, if I lose threat I am able to target the enemy, target it's target, guardian leap to that player, pick up my last target, force push, saber throw and force leap to it.

Just to comment on the force push... There is no reason to force push someone as a tank with that enemies back not against a wall... Unless you are force pushing them to their doom... You wouldn't even have to ask this question if he did that...

Example: guardian leaps in on target uses his openers as hes situating the mob against a wall... Force pushes as he back peddles and then force leaps right back in... Mean while you as a melee dont have to move at all...

I still favor this example better...

Example: guardian runs up to target force push over balcony into the deep dark space behind bridge... /eatcake

Tl;dr no its not needed and if you really wanted to use it, use it smart.