The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Riot Strike not working right all the time?

herb

Looking for some info on Riot Strike.

1. I know character in Cover can not be interrupted but, recently I have found some players not in cover that I can not interrupt. Like a couple Sorcerers and at least one Merc. I know the range is short to use this skill, but I'm sure I'm in range. To my knowledge they do not have a skill in their tree, any tree that makes them immune to interrupts for a period of time do they? Or can something be cast on them, to make them immune to interrupts?

2. I have spent 2 points in the Tactics tree for Frontline Defense (lowers Riot Strike's cooldown by 2 seconds) So my cooldown is down to 6 seconds. Again some Sorcerer's and BH's are casting Lightning bolt and Tracer Missile before the 4 second is up. I do see it interrupted via their casting bar. They are getting 2 to 3 casts before my 6 second cooldown is back up for Riot Strike. I do understand there is a 2 second window before I can cast Riot Strike again. So, without them having alacrity they should only be getting 1.5 casts. Can this be cleansed? Is the tool tip wrong? Am I wrong?

Anyone else see this? Number one is pretty rare.

Tool Tip: Riot Strike

Instant

Cooldown: 8s (6s with Frontline Defense)

Range: 4 m

Interrupts the target's current action and prevents that ability from being used for the next 4 seconds.

Thanks!

Tank speced shadows/assassins can spec for interrupt immunity for Telekinetic Throw/Force Lightning following a Project/Shock. They're still vulnerable to stuns and knockbacks, so you can still interrupt them that way.

Commando/Mercenary in the healing tree can make their 25% mitigation shield (forget the name of it) also make you immune to interrupt. Again, they are not immune to knockbacks and stuns so you can still do that to interrupt them. The skill is on a 3? minute cooldown and the effect isn't terribly long, but you're usually better of finding a new target in PVP when someone uses this against you, until it wears off.