First Person View sucks and Companion annoying as Hell in 3rd Person View

deusBAAL

Anyone got the same issue?

To play in 1st Person does not seem to be an option, simply because I wont see my own force lightning while chanelling. Besides a dozen other reasons, but not seeing my own spell effects is the number 1 "1st person view game breaker" to me.

3rd Person view was fine with me, though I just played Skyrim and in the past EQ and VG in 1st person view.

But then I got my companion, Kem Val aka Frankensteins Monster. When running around he blocks my view on my own char many times, which triggers the same feeling in me as if someone was holding a hand in front of my face, while I was driving a car. Seriously, I find this extremely annoying.

Maybe I wont have the same issue with a smaller companion. Also I never had this isse while playing Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 1&2

Why cant Kem Val just back off more and why does have to start running right behind all the time?

Other annoying thing about the companion, Kem Val blocks the click on the loot half of the time. BW can you just make the click box to chat with a companion a lot smaller, pretty please?

Change max camera distance in options :)

This.

Default max distance is something like 16 % of actual maximum? In the beginning, I took a taxi, just to be able to zoom out more (zoom out while riding a taxi and it sticks after you get off). But then I discovered the option in preferences to increase possible zoom distance. Not sure if it was added or if I missed it, but it's a great feature.

No sorry, thats not it for me.

I know that I can zoom way out. but I want the cam close at my own char instead of having him reduced to some lil twitching dot in the center of the screen.

Optimal cam distance to me fpr 3rd person view is when my chars feet are positioned just around the bottom of the screen. This way I see all my chars details, all animations in detail and still retain enough situational awareness of his surroundings.... well, unless a Kem Val brute steps in front of the cam and blocks my view.

BTW the Kem Val story line is pretty cool with being that ancient force-user killing machine... but seriously, who on earth describes something that is a Frankensteins monster lookalike as an assassin??? BW should redescribe him as "executioner" or does Kem Val get some mayor hide & sneak, poison and backstab skills later on?

The term "Assassin" is historically not linked to Stealth and Backstabbing people.

While they often used disguises they often publically murdered their targets for greater impact.

As for the original topic, i like to use the same camera angle and i agree that the companions which are bigger in size should keep further back.

The term "Assassin" is historically not linked to Stealth and Backstabbing people.

While they often used disguises they often publically murdered their targets for greater impact.

As for the original topic, i like to use the same camera angle and i agree that the companions which are bigger in size should keep further back.

Thank you! I always enjoy being correct about misuse of such terms.

I did look up the German word for assassination ("Meuchelmord"), which indicates by definition use of secrecy during the murder. So maybe German and English use of the word is not the same, historically.

companions are not as annoying as they was at a point in beta.. its totally fine now and yes check your options if you want more distance in zoomed out

Noooo.... I do not want to zoom out more. Also I couldnt care less if the problem was worse during beta, it is not good now and that is all that matters now.

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed, I totally agree with OP, Khem val is way to big to stand so close to the player, If I want to rotate the camera to look around me, want to activate a switch/object, want to loot a dead body or if I want to select another enemy he is ALWAYS in the way.. He is a great tank and thats the only reason I love him :) but damn, my hate is going to grow higher then my love for him.. They should let him back up alot AND make his `correction spot` on the left or right of the character. ( if you look carefully when you run with him and spot all of the sudden, he will first quickly stand behind you, and then go back to his place on the left side)

In a nutshell: Bioware PLEASE fix him.. he is SOOO annoying !!:mad:

For me personally, this is very game breaking for me, that I dont want to play that class (inquisitor) again.. and for the sorc you need a tank most of the time...

Oh yes! This! I have hated this since I got Khem Val. He ALWAYS runs in the way of looting, clicking a mailbox, opening a vendor or whatever requires a right click. I use him all the time, cause he's a tank and I'm a dps+healer so... perfect team, but it's really getting on my nerves that I always right-click him, hear him say something and then rotate camera to be able to loot or click.