Swtor or GW2?

Dynamojhenn

Hey guys, i was SOOO hyped about swtor about how different it would be from other mmos, but tbh apart from a fully voiced mmo what else is there? im tired of this grinding in EVERY mmo when they say "Leveling will be different", my mate has convinced me to get GuildWars 2, it looks epic and there's more "flow" of action in GW2 than Swtor, gw2 isn't a grind either but guys, whats your opinion?

Impossible to answer , yes gw2 has mega hype but so did this before release . Everyone knows this game is very lacking end game { atm } . 1.2 will go some way to repair the damage so to speak

My personal opinion is while playing the game upto 50 i enjoyed it , once i hit 50 the game seemed very empty and boring due to lack of crafting/pvp

The game that is already out or the one still without a release date? Hmmm...tough choice. GW2 will obviously be the better pvp choice WHEN it comes out, of course.

Keep in mind that you'll spend a good time leveling in GW2 since it'll have 80 equally spaced levels, unlike GW where leveling was rather quick.

Edited by Excidium

Impossible to answer , yes gw2 has mega hype but so did this before release . Everyone knows this game is very lacking end game { atm } . 1.2 will go some way to repair the damage so to speak

My personal opinion is while playing the game upto 50 i enjoyed it , once i hit 50 the game seemed very empty and boring due to lack of crafting/pvp

I don't see how this is lacking endgame....There's just as much for me to do here as there is WoW....

Anyway, The answer is both because one is sub based and the other is not.

I don't see how this is lacking endgame....There's just as much for me to do here as there is WoW....

If you just do pve content, sure.

But for pvp players...the casual pvp on only 3 warzones got old rather quickly.

Edited by Excidium

If you just do pve content, sure.

But for pvp players, it's like being thrown back to classic wow.

it is NOTHING like being thrown back to Classic WoW.

I don't lose my Valor ranks for not playing.

I don't have to play 20 hours a day just to hope that I can get Battlemaster this week

Its really nowhere near a grind that the Honor Grind was and yes I play both sides...PvE and PvP. Also they're giving us RWZs in 1.2. I happen to greatly enjoy PvP in this game even though I've not got a full set of PvP gear yet. Its pretty fun and Fast Paced.

EDIT:

Fixed the part about honor grind

also, I hate Arena...Arena killed WoW PvP to me. If they never add arena in this game, I will be happy

Edited by Mormack

Hi everyone,

We ask that threads made in General Discussion center on discussion of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. We have closed this thread as the discussion primarily focuses on other games. Please ensure that topics in General Discussion relate to Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Thanks!