Beast mounts VS speeders

Xorto

Did I miss a detail or are there any animal / beast mounts in the game you can earn on a later level or via achievement unlocks ?

I have been questing and exploring on many maps in the game and all I saw was people on those boring speeders.

As far as I remember of the SW movies beast mounts were there and used by Han Solo to save young Skywalker on an icy planet, probably Hoth.

Edited by Xorto

There are no animal mounts.

Animal mounts are slow, and have this bad habit of attracting Wampas, dying in the could (of their own Ice planet, oddly enough), and costing us speeder users a lot of money when your slow dewback walks out in front of us.

Animal mounts are slow, and have this bad habit of attracting Wampas, dying in the could (of their own Ice planet, oddly enough), and costing us speeder users a lot of money when your slow dewback walks out in front of us.

They also leave animal doo doo all over the place. You don't want to be cleaning that off the bottom of your boots.

there will be NO ground contact mounts in this game period.

sorry those boring speeders bore you so much while they fly by but you wont see ground contact mounts in this game ever. bottom line from them to us so in essence i would hazard a guess that you might have missed that.

i would like to take a dewback or one of the other four on the floor creatures...banthas anyone? but sadly it will not ever be in this game, it has to do with paths and the way they coded mounts and the hover effect, i cant find the topic but im sure if you are that interested in boring stuff u can look it up

Implementing animal / beast rideable mounts will balance the game in terms realism and is at the same time parallel to the original movies. Currently everything feels pretty much high-tech, robotized and hover craft. Change / additions are needed.

It's also a good reason for the mount collectors to keep subscribed and who are looking forward to be able to ride living things instead of devices.

Did I miss something or are there any beast mounts in the game you can earn on a later level or via achievement unlocks ?

I have been questing and exploring on many maps in the game and all I saw was people on those boring speeders.

As far as I remember of the SW movies beast mounts were there and used by Han Solo to save young Skywalker on an icy planet, probably Hoth.

The only animal mounts in the game are the ones used by the taxi system. I honestly wouldn't expect animal mounts anytime soon, if ever, at least, not without an expansion or it being rare or a limited release one.

Animals are tricky. You really don't want them moving as fast as a speeder. They would have to either be vanity items or force players to use them in certain areas where speeders wouldn't work.

In the movies, usually more primitive races use them (sand people, ewoks, gungans, etc). On hoth, it took the rebels time to get the speeders working in the cold, but they did get it. Troopers used dews on Tatt.....for no apparent reason. Even on endor, imps used speeders in a thick forest.

I don't see any real way to put in animal mounts as anything more then social/legacy rewards for show.

They poop all over the space station...that's nasty.

Yea I was thinking about the same thing :-P.. another concern for the devs. to program something as a clean-the-floor ability for your comp. or a droid.

Besides the missing of beast / animal mounts I haven't noticed any wheeled mounts either besides of a few uncontrollable stationary tanks.

Limiting the players with hover only mounts is just a missed opportunity for BW while they have so many maps with rally cross suiting terrains or animal / beast ride fitting environments parallel to the movies.

Rally cross or ATV style mounts and driving experience while I move from one quest to another on maps like Hoth.. thats what I miss and stopped questing because of boring hover rides.

Edited by Xorto

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.