Looking for hybrid PvE/PvP DPS Spec

Arynoth

Hey there,

My fiancee is finding it annoying that somtimes she can't heal herself that well or at all during a pvp match before dying currently full speced as gunnery (we're level 38).

Since I haven't ever played the class I've come to you experts to see what you have to hear.

What I'm looking for for her is a spec that is fairly good dps for PvE (end game eventually) along with pvp dps and survivability (aka some healing buff). Not sure if it's overly possible however welcome to suggestions in whatever trees needed to accomplish this.

The 24/17 hybrid CM/Gunnery is a good build...I'm on my phone or I would make it for you on torhead..you could probably find it with the search.

It leans more on the medic side so your main DPS is GR with HiB and some FA without the perks but it's a nice utility build that I use a lot myself.

Edited by Zekeiele

It's very much a "killing is my business" setup. Don't bet on the heals, you don't have any ammo management for your heals, so you'll run dry very soon.

Instead, i'd suggest:

1. Absolutely grab Concussive Force. The sith who just fell of that ledge can't carve you with his flashlight. The enemy who just fell to his death at the bridge on the voidstar won't hurt you any more. And you can bet that the enemy team will be very pissed at you when you single-handedly just stopped them at the last meters at hutball. :D

I did that just a few days ago. 4 enemies, ballcarrier included, run towards the finishing line, i just came out of respawn, all alone. Luckily, my concussive charge dropped 3 of them into the pit. The ball was thrown up to the one who was just kicked to the ledge, but not down into the pit, but i was able to stockstrike him down there, too. Lucky me, that none of them considered me enough of a threat to stun me... :D

Such a curiosity as my little story might be scarce, but the defensive value of having a higher knockback range and a second knockback at hand is high.

2. Consider Cover Fire. Yes, it's only a two seconds snare, but if you just threw the enemy down the platform on Aldaraan the first time and manage to hit him with full auto repeatedly thanks to Curtain of Fire, it can make a difference. No guarantees on that, though, a friend of mine loves Cover Fire, the limited time i had a gunnery spec, it did not convince me too much, but that might also be an issue of playstyle.

3. To get Concussive Force, you might be tempted to pull points out of the combat medic tree. While this is an option, i wouldn't do it. Advanced Tech would be my very first sacrifice on your setup since it's benefits are very small. (On a heal setup, secrificing heavy trooper would also be an option, but in this setup, the +6% of received healing can actually matter. )

And with this all being said, i dare to repeat: this is an offensive setup. While it can deliver short healing spikes, albeit at terrible ammo cost, it aims at killing the enemy before he kills you. Outlasting or even outhealing an enemy is not feasible with this setup.

Edited by Sylow

Is Assault spec any good for PvP or PvE, she sort of would like to have/go with some damage over time abilities for when she dies guarding a door/turret. With the ability to heal herself a bit she's found she can hold out a bit longer for help to arrive before dying (when help arrives allowing us to keep what we're protecting)

Right now I have my DoT Weakend Mind that lasts 21 seconds, perfect for when I'm going to die, I can throw them on a few people and they can't cap anything.

I was sort of thinking of this spec as she still would get full access to the gunnery tree

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfzZrIkrordokfz.1

Last night in pvp (level 38) she found she was a bit more survivable and able to heal herself more effectively (and for more) then without some of the points into healing.

33 points into Gunnery is most definitely not a hybrid spec. At the very least I would try to get the other point into steady hands, it's vital to healing when you're being attacked.

You could really get results if you're willing to drop below 31 Gunnery.

This is more or less what Zekeiele was talking about, it's 25/16 though and you should probably be running around in Support Cell... you're basically just a healer with Grav Round:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfRMRdcdzZMIkbR0z.1

Is there a more DPS with an occasional heal thrown out hybrid build that works well? I'm running mostly solo, mostly PVE and I'm looking for a good build that pumps out the damage while also having some good heals for myself and Aric.

Thanks,

When I get back on my computer I'll put one up that I think will be effective...I'm going to respec to it later.

In both specs, there are two points in advanced tech, but only one in ironsights. Unfortunately those +2% of healing done and another 2% of healing received can not stand up to the +6% aim, which affects both damage and healing output. Thus i'd recommend to drop advanced tech in favour of full iron sights.

Next to that, it's an interesting setup. With relying on AP cell it sacrifices the healers best friend supercharge, but with field triage you can still deliver cost efficient healing spikes. The value of Kolto Bomb very much is limited, no SCC means no damage reduction, but it still can be used as a self-heal while moving, so i see some reason for it.

And if the info that supercharged barrel currently is bugged and does nothing is true, it very well can be dumped at the moment. Anyways, too bad that this setup by no means allows to get curtain of fire. Full Auto is boosted in several ways, curtain of fire would allow to make really good use of these boosts. So, this setup won't excel either at damage nor at healing, but i agree that it might do well enough in both aspects.

In both specs, there are two points in advanced tech, but only one in ironsights. Unfortunately those +2% of healing done and another 2% of healing received can not stand up to the +6% aim, which affects both damage and healing output. Thus i'd recommend to drop advanced tech in favour of full iron sights.

Next to that, it's an interesting setup. With relying on AP cell it sacrifices the healers best friend supercharge, but with field triage you can still deliver cost efficient healing spikes. The value of Kolto Bomb very much is limited, no SCC means no damage reduction, but it still can be used as a self-heal while moving, so i see some reason for it.

And if the info that supercharged barrel currently is bugged and does nothing is true, it very well can be dumped at the moment. Anyways, too bad that this setup by no means allows to get curtain of fire. Full Auto is boosted in several ways, curtain of fire would allow to make really good use of these boosts. So, this setup won't excel either at damage nor at healing, but i agree that it might do well enough in both aspects.

Thanks for the feedback I personally really enjoy the 24/17 build for PVP and figured this might be a fun alternative since I rarely use FA with that build this would allow me to add it into the DPS rotation more often/effectively and still be able to spike heal in a pinch without dumping half my ammo.

Edited by Zekeiele

This is mostly just speculative as I am in the process of leveling a low level alt commando, but I was curious if this build would be at all useful for pve/pvp.

12 points in CM tree allow for a few medical probes, tech crit increase, as well as efficient conversions and combat shield.

Would appreciate feedback.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800dfMo0zZMIkbRrdkzs.1

This is mostly just speculative as I am in the process of leveling a low level alt commando, but I was curious if this build would be at all useful for pve/pvp.

12 points in CM tree allow for a few medical probes, tech crit increase, as well as efficient conversions and combat shield.

Would appreciate feedback.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800dfMo0zZMIkbRrdkzs.1

I like it...the long time rumor is charged barrel no workie..If that's true you might want to put that point elsewhere.