When will companions truly work?

Shivetya

Maybe it just is a problem with melee companions, but far too many times they don't fight. Oh they want to but they just get stuck on something and nothing short of putting them on passive will even move them till combat is over.

It is so not fun watching the pathing of your companion and realize, damn - that was a waste of ten seconds. I have had instances where I had to dismiss one to fix them. Then there is that irratating ability of them to stand where you don't want them, why aren't companions invisible to right click?

I have seen this a couple times. I will usually just summon a different companion and then re-summon the companion i just had out. Resetting them this way has worked every time that i see them just standing there while i am fighting everything. Unfortunately I end up blowing all my defensive cd's by the end of that fight but at least i'm still alive. Edited by haliy

Companions work fine for me. L2P?

L2P... seriously? I bet that's your answer to everything that you haven't experienced that others have because it has to be the baddies that only experience this because everything I do is perfect and nothing goes wrong ever...

Best example I can give is when there are 2 groups that i need to kill and i have doc with me. I jump in and start killing off group 1 and doc is shooting away, cc'ing mobs and healing me with no problems. Fight is over and I head over to group 2, start killing away and doc has yet to do anything but stand there. Noticing this, I target a different mob in the same group, tell doc to attack and yet, still no response from him...

So, tell me where the L2P is in this when doc was doing what he was supposed to be doing on group 1 but when group 2 starts, he does the exact opposite.