pvp gear v.s. pve gear for pvp

redluna

Fail post.

Just a heads up you are no where NEAR 22% damage gain. On top of that. Lets say you get 15% more damage if that. You can subtract the Expertise from Damage Reduction on your target. An apply the fact you are taking more damage. So For Example lets say you gain 15% more damage(being nice with this number) You gain 1% damage. An you take 14% more damage. Fail trade.

Pve gear gets you close to 20k hp, compared to the 16k I had in full champ that is more then a 10% gain in HP

Here to get your brain working another quote from the thread:

Those 20k HP and 0 expertise we have will be in EHP

vs 0 Expertise opponent: 20k

vs Full Expertise: 17600

17600 is a number you won't reach in full battlemaster gear and as we just saw two guys going at each other at maximum expertise will damage each other normally. Thus whatever HP our Battlemaster gear would provide us with would also be our EHP as soon as we attack someone with the same amount of expertise. The fact remains, that you won't reach 17600 HP in full battlemaster gear, but more around 16k. So if you fight with top PvE stats vs a full battlemaster you actually fight as if you had full expertise and he had none - survivability wise.

This is not even taking into consideration, that the same holds true for payback, annihilation self heals or warzone medpack which all will benefit greater of your newly gained HP pool.

I'm not claiming this to be the correct answer to this question, only claiming that it works for me.

I had full Champion gear, and I averaged 180-220 damage. Rarely pushing 280 if I did well.

I used my Culmni with 2 pieces of Rakata, same lightsabers (pve tier 3/2) and everything on left side same as when I used the Champion gear (Battlemaster for first three, champion wrist/waist, Matrix cube, and the internal damage relic), and I am easily averaging 300 damage.

Again, I am not claiming this to prove PvE>PvP. I'm sure someone will show how the gear is unbalanced. All I know, is I will be using PvE gear in PvP from now on. Or at least till I get some BM pieces :)

you BM grinding roflers thinking PvP gear > Pve Gear makes me laugh and poop myself on the inside. For one the stat difference is major; people saying expertise helps is retarded. I MELT.. wait MURDER full bm scrubs w/ full pve all day every day. Its all about knowing how to roll ur cds while maxing out dps. why do you need expertise when u have cds that carry you. lol 8% mitigation + more dmg..yah right G T F O.

im sitting at 1920str/20k hp/30% crit when i pvp in my rakata gear and rofl these so called pvprs w/ my so called pve gear.

COME AT ME GET MELTED! tick tock tick tock dead. Moving on.

Only reason u pvp scrubs should be pvping is for the titles... because that makes u better!

That's you assuming people with BM gear are actually good, if it required more than a time sink to get it then it would mean more beating them. I destroy people in BM gear wearing mostly cent gear and champ weapons all the time, it's not hard to do.

Soooo....an over geared warrior trashing bad players, nothing new there. Nothing to brag about either.

Edited by idrik

you BM grinding roflers thinking PvP gear > Pve Gear makes me laugh and poop myself on the inside. For one the stat difference is major; people saying expertise helps is retarded. I MELT.. wait MURDER full bm scrubs w/ full pve all day every day. Its all about knowing how to roll ur cds while maxing out dps. why do you need expertise when u have cds that carry you. lol 8% mitigation + more dmg..yah right G T F O.

im sitting at 1920str/20k hp/30% crit when i pvp in my rakata gear and rofl these so called pvprs w/ my so called pve gear.

COME AT ME GET MELTED! tick tock tick tock dead. Moving on.

Only reason u pvp scrubs should be pvping is for the titles... because that makes u better!

If ur on frostclaw, let me know :) this kinda tough talk is so childish , i know a marauder switching back from rakata to BM gear just because of that!

u sound ur the only one knowing how to roll ur cds .... makes me giggle, soz! i dont buy ur story for one inch... cool story BRO!

Edited by Alegoss

SS or shenanigans.

Yeah I don't see how those stats are possible. I'm full rakata and I only have 1796 str (with SI buff and rakata stim) and ~18500 hp (with BH buff).

When I pvp i switch out the rakata pieces for full champion since I'm only valor 45 atm, with the exception of the weapons, since they do more dmg. So, my expertise is at about 464 right now. Could be ~550 if i switched to champion weapons but I'm not worried about losing ~1% expertise bonus.

edit: I'm not advocating on behalf of either argument, just stating what I've been doing. I'll have to try pvping in pve gear tonight.

Edited by Adill

If the mainstat to power conversion is wrong just redo the calculus for yourself and you will see what it boils down to.

All your numbers are wrong. Try again, and by again I mean really really really hard.

Easymode - what's your ideal end game Anni PvP set (w/ enhancements please )?

I'll borrow another thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=242994

Summary for Mara:

- Matrix Cube

- Augmented Rakata Belt (have fun grinding 400 Synthweaving)

- Augmented Rakata Bracer (lolol Synthweaving)

- BM Helm, Chest, Legs, Gloves, Boots

- BM Earpiece, Implant x2

- BM MH, OH

- BM Relic

Mods:

- 61str/11pow Mods (48str 37pow also fine -- these have slightly more damage, and 80 less HP; I would go with the 61str)

- Acc/Pow Enhancements to 10% Acc

- Surge/Pow Enhancements (RNG dual merc boss in KP, have fun)

If you don't want to grind Synthweave, etc, then consider the crit/Augmented Columi Implants, or was it earpiece? Whichever.

Note on relic: the DD proc relic is good for sustained DPS, but the BM relic has controllable burst, which is a tactical choice for PvP.

Note on weapons: Rakata weapons have slightly higher total stats. This is probably due to the way the A/B type mods pan out. Either way, it's not a good long-term investment to focus on because the instant we're allowed to pop mods out of purple weapons, we can see exactly what's loaded into the BM weapons and "fix" them. Also, using the Rakata weapons causes a difficult overload of ACC or loss of Expertise. The bracer/belt is a superior choice to deal with here by a mile.