Barriers to entry and 3.2

furiousferret

Hey all,

I have been considering rerolling Republic. The one concern I have, and anyone considering this should have is what is going to change in 3.2 and how is this going to affect rerolls?

It seems evident that there will probably be another tier of pvp gear coming out and another Valor standard to reach for that high end tier level. I'm not sure if that's 65 or 70, but it is going to be an epic grind for anyone creating a new character, almost to the level that it just will be better to stay empire. Furthermore, is Champion going to be the new Centurion or will it be the same system?

Since I will either go Guardian or Sentinel, gear does matter. I say this because I went through an insane grind these past few weeks to get my Jugg to Valor 55 and there is a definite difference I dont think ranged classes go through. I wouldn't mind it as much if the Centurion sets were okay, but they are not that good.

I know people are going to say its an mmo, and its supposed to be a grind. I agree with that to an extent, but the way the valor system is set up now its not going to encourage new players.

I wish BW would let mirror rerolls transfer their Valor, even if it meant deleting my old character, but I dont see that happening.