Guarded by the Force, whyyyyy

Archtype

/puzzled

Rank 64 valor Guardian in defense spec here.

Bioware, why would you give the DPS advanced class (Sentinel) of the JK the BEST tanking ability in the game AND Saber Ward??? It literally blows my mind. It would be bad enough if you had given them just Saber Ward, but you also gave them an extra move making them the most survivable class in the game, in regards to burst damage absorption.

At LEAST let Guarded by the Force be a JK shared skill, at best I would take away GBTF from Sentinel, and replace it with something akin to the Guardian's Warding Call (in defense tree).

Any thoughts??

Edited by Archtype

how do you think thats the best... i have no need to spend 50% of my health for 99% dmg reduction for 5 SECONDS!! seriously thats just not smart speciually for a TANK

If used correctly, and by that I mean you must time it right, you can hit it when you have very low HP and just refuse to die. Before that you can use Saber Ward (lol).

What I'm getting at is if you are in a really bad situation and have already low HP then giving up half of nothing to gain immortality isn't a bad tradeoff.

ok i can see if you have it as a last ditch ability, but other than that its not worth having...i havnt come to many situations where im in a HORRIBLE situation but there has been a few times where i can see that being a must have, but that was only becuase i had a bad healer so if i need it cause of my bad healer then there really isnt a use for it if my healer sucks

It's not only that but Cloak of Pain too which imo >>>> Warding call

20% reduction for 30 secs of 60secs vs 40% reduction for 10 secs of 180 secs and only having to be hit by something (including dot tics) every 6 seconds. Also free ability, reduces all kinds of dmg. When they have it up they're as tanky as you in Soresu. El oh el?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.