ilum is making me nauseous

bleyzwun

I know this topic has been beaten to death by now, but damn!

I'm getting to the point that I feel sick when I enter Ilum. This is possibly THE WORST pvp zone I have ever seen. If it weren't for the BM bags I wouldn't even go. I might just stop like my friend did. He refuses to even enter the zone for the buff lol.

I can't express how painfully boring this place is. Even when there is something going on, it's just zerg vs zerg. There are no strategies involved. No skill. Just 2 mobs of players rushing at each other. Then you run back to the closest base and wait for the Valor timer to reset... yeah... If this isn't going on it's a race to see who get's the box first. REALLY?!

How BW thought this was a good idea is beyond me. To top it off I have only received 3 BM Commendations since Rank 60 (about 3 weeks ago). So, not only am I bored, my progress has pretty much come to a halt.

I knew this game wouldn't be a great PvP game from the start, but this? I really cannot wrap my head around how the hell someone thought this was gonna be halfway decent!

It's time to find a new Lead PvP Designer. Because, man... This guy is definitely not doing his job in the PvP department.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Actually it's much worse on my server. It's low pop so usually when I log in after work (what I would assume to be prime time) there are 7-8 imps in Ilum and 0 pubs. I spend 1-2 hours running around in circles competing with the other people to pick up 30 armaments.

Sometimes 1-2 pubs come in and leave after they get zerged. Sometimes the pub pre-made clan comes in and wipes all the imps and they leave and I leave too b/c there's no way for me to get an armament or a kill.

I've never seen zerg vs. zerg, even on the weekends...I only wish my server was like that so I could get the 30 kills quickly instead of playing grand prix Ilum for 2 hours trying to pick up armaments.

I feel for you on that. It is nice when I can just get my quest done and leave immediately. However, even with the zerg going on, IMO it's still boring as hell.

WHen I said entering the zone makes me feel sick, I'm not joking. I dread going there for my dailies. I probably will stop going there even if it takes me longer to get my BM gear.

You know what would potentially fix this? In-game voip within parties and op. They can even make the party/op list light up if someone is talking. If it was in-game VOIP instead of having to find 16-24 people get on vent/mumble/ts, there would be a lot more strategy involved, planning intricate attacks/defense and coordinating multiple groups.

Of course, I can't even think about how much bandwidth and overhead this would cause.

Edited by KilmarFyrewynd