How PVP open world should be

Nembokid

Lies!! You cannot have pvp with more than two factions!!

Anet should host game design workshop for mmo devs, GW had brilliant class and pvp design, they are taking some stupid decisions on GW2 but it still looks miles ahead of what we have here.

Edited by Excidium

I like the idea of including NPC's and having NPC defended points. A few problems with implementing ideas like this on ilum would be the way it is laid out currently. What you would wind up with is something more resembling War from the older CoD games or the similar style game-type (forgot what its called) in the BF series. Don't get me wrong this would still be an improvement, and if done right could be interesting. It would do a lot to focus the players around an objective to kill other players (better than to loot crates). However this would still mean relatively little while ilum still suffers from performance issues in larger fights.

A game in beta looks great.

There will definitely not be any issues here. They solved everything. I cant wait to quit SWToR . Perfect class balance, perfect community, perfect RvR, perfect leveling speed, perfect progression, perfect gear.

I would like to nominate it for game of the year, until it is released when that all changes.

A game in beta looks great.

There will definitely not be any issues here. They solved everything. I cant wait to quit SWToR . Perfect class balance, perfect community, perfect RvR, perfect leveling speed, perfect progression, perfect gear.

I would like to nominate it for game of the year, until it is released when that all changes.

I think the difference is that those developers already released a pvp-centric game that is designed in a completely different manner from that game everyone decided to clone. GW was brilliant for its time, it's amazing how a game where everyone is limited to 8 abilities at a time has a lot more decision making and depth on pvp than what we get with all this bloat and 24 different keybinds.

That said, last expansion was released in, idk, 2007 so it isn't worth checking anymore unless you have some spare money. People nowadays just farm titles in anticipation for the sequel.

Edited by Excidium

i agree that ILUM should look like WvWvW

however neither ILUM nor WvWvW in GW2 is the so called "open world"

open world pvp is pvping on every possible planet

ILUM is just an arena where people go to poke each other.

true open pvp that i envision would look like this:

- you are scaled to the planet level range just like you are scaled in GW2

- dynamic quests pop up for both factions in a similar way to how it's handled in APB (if your faction has to protect something then the opposing faction needs to destroy/steal it / or both factions have to do the same and whoever gets it first wins)

- bounty quests on a task board - you pick a quest that tells you to kill enemy player that is currently on the same planet and it tracks that player for you like a quest objective on the map

- normal quests should stay as they are, but there should be additional quests that have to be done in the are where opposing faction is questing

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.