What to buy with 1000 Commendations?

Darpo-

Interesting, I've never really had this problem as I usually have my full 40 pvp set bought by level 30-32.

How fast are you leveling? If you're the type who plays a couple hours/night when you get off work, then you might want to buy the 40 set. If you play more than that then you'll probably be 50 before you know it, and you may as well get your merc commendations & 1 champ bag.

Interesting, I've never really had this problem as I usually have my full 40 pvp set bought by level 30-32.

How fast are you leveling? If you're the type who plays a couple hours/night when you get off work, then you might want to buy the 40 set. If you play more than that then you'll probably be 50 before you know it, and you may as well get your merc commendations & 1 champ bag.

I don't PVP alot and how long I play, depends. But I also need some other kinds of commendations for Champ/Battlemaster. I can get Merc Commendations on Ilum too, right?

Once you are full on comms and have your bag, you can start buying the lvl 46 weapons and rip out the expertise mods. The best one is in the assault cannon (25 expertise). I'm level 42 with my bag, 1000 comms and 2 mods so far. (I also have full 40 pvp gear)

Hey, guys, I'm a lvl 40 Trooper Commando and I have 1000 Warzone Commendations. Should I buy lvl 40 PVP armour or save for Battlemaster/Champion gear for when I'm lvl 50?

Battlemaster Gear needs Valor rank 60 which you wont have for a while, you will be able to get champ bags/gear though.

I don't PVP alot and how long I play, depends. But I also need some other kinds of commendations for Champ/Battlemaster. I can get Merc Commendations on Ilum too, right?

If you don't pvp a lot then what does it matter. If I were you I'd just get the 1000 merc commendations (you trade in 30 WZ comms for 10 merc comms) and cap 1000 WZ comms. After that, I'd stockpile consumables.

Mainly b/c pve is so easy if you utilize the body of your abilities that the 40 gear won't make or break your experience in pve.

You should have SOME orange gear that you can upgrade simply through planet commendation mods/enhancements. They aren't very expensive and can efficiently keep you geared until 50. This gear can come from the planet vendors, drops, or the GTN.

If you don't pvp a lot then what does it matter. If I were you I'd just get the 1000 merc commendations (you trade in 30 WZ comms for 10 merc comms) and cap 1000 WZ comms. After that, I'd stockpile consumables.

Mainly b/c pve is so easy if you utilize the body of your abilities that the 40 gear won't make or break your experience in pve.

You should have SOME orange gear that you can upgrade simply through planet commendation mods/enhancements. They aren't very expensive and can efficiently keep you geared until 50. This gear can come from the planet vendors, drops, or the GTN.

Do you mean I shouldn't buy the lvl 40 PVP armour but just save for the the Champion/Battlemaster gear? I wanted to buy the Lvl 40 PVP armour, because it doesn't cost Credits and some parts of it are alot better than my current armour.

Do you mean I shouldn't buy the lvl 40 PVP armour but just save for the the Champion/Battlemaster gear? I wanted to buy the Lvl 40 PVP armour, because it doesn't cost Credits and some parts of it are alot better than my current armour.

What he's saying is that the level 40 PvP armor is obsolete once you hit 50. Also, everything gets harder at 50. Everyone else has expertise gear and you'll feel like you're attacking them with feathers for awhile. Commendations will come slower.

If you're going to be leveling from 40-50 in a week, upgrade the gear you have a little bit and save your commendations for gear bags. You can buy one bag before 50 and save up 1000 mercenary and 1000 battlefield commendations and you'll be starting with six bags. That's a pretty darn good start.

What he's saying is that the level 40 PvP armor is obsolete once you hit 50. Also, everything gets harder at 50. Everyone else has expertise gear and you'll feel like you're attacking them with feathers for awhile. Commendations will come slower.

If you're going to be leveling from 40-50 in a week, upgrade the gear you have a little bit and save your commendations for gear bags. You can buy one bag before 50 and save up 1000 mercenary and 1000 battlefield commendations and you'll be starting with six bags. That's a pretty darn good start.

This, so hard. You can only get champ coms out of champ bags (7 per bag, along with 15 centurion comms). BM comms? BM bags. Valor 60 is a long grind, so don't expect to be BM in a week or two. Hmmmm 7x6 is 42 champ, thats maybe a champ OH, but you might wanna wait a bit and buy a main piece (for set bonuses) first. That 90 cent comms though is 2 smaller pieces, will give you a smidge of expertise. Oh... and if you get -really- lucky, you might get a token in one of the 6 bags (trade in for a champ piece, but restricted to that token).

my alt is or soon will be having the same dillema

she is lvl43 (valor rank 43) and she got full lvl40 pvp set for her as well as for the two companions she likes to hang out with

as well as two 46lvl weapons

she does not need to strip the mods out as she already has full set of purple armorings and mods (or enhancements, forgot what cybertech can make) for lvl45 waiting for her.

i'm not gonna use other companions so getting sets for them seems pointless

i guess the only thing i can get for her are the warzone heal and expertise buffs...

i really wish there was no cap on those warzone/mercenary commendations; punishing people for playing more than others? gimme a break

Get level 20 PvP gear> Buy Level (weapons) Buy level 40 PvP gear -

(though if you have Purple Pve gear may be more Powerfull then the level 40 PvP Gear End up ripping out 1-2 mods from them// and selling the PvP gear-Unless you like the Look)

Buy 1 Bag,

buy Weapons,

Save up for 1000/1000 (4000 total) to Open 6 Bags by 50.

Edited by Lasarith

buy the gear but stock up on merc commendations

if you have 1000/1000 when you hit 50 you'll have 5 bags from that alone plus

2 bags from the dailies

and

potentially 3 bag from the wz weekly (9 wins)

that's 10 bags

or 150 cent coms 70 champ coms

I'd say save your champ comms to get the weapon if you're a dps

Edited by HBninjaX

buy the gear but stock up on merc commendations

if you have 1000/1000 when you hit 50 you'll have 5 bags from that alone plus

2 bags from the dailies

and

potentially 3 bag from the wz weekly (9 wins)

that's 10 bags

or 150 cent coms 70 champ coms

I'd say save your champ comms to get the weapon if you're a dps

What gear? Lvl 40 PVP gear?

What gear? Lvl 40 PVP gear?

No man, Centurion Gear. It's a totally confusing and jacked up system so I'll try to explain.

When you are 50 you can open the Champion Bags. Champion bags can be bought for 200 WarZone commendations + 200 Mercenary commendations. Mercenary commendations are bought with War Zone commendations (30 WZC will get you 10 Merc). You'll get Centurion and Champion commendations and if you are really lucky a Champion token.

You use these commendations to buy lvl 50 gear. The gear worth getting goes Centurion < Champion < Battlemaster.

The only way to get Battlemaster commendations or tokens is by doing the lvl 50 PvP quests and you need 60 valor to equip the gear.

You can only hold 1000 of any one type of commendation. So you should buy one Champion bag (you are only allowed to hold 1 unopened Champ bag in your inventory). You won't be able to open it until you are 50. Then buy Merc Commendations. Try to keep Merc and WZ commendations about equal. If you hit 1000 of each then you can start buying other things because otherwise your WZ commendations will go to waste as you have maxed out the amount you can hold.

The only gear worth keeping after 50 is the expertese mods found in some of the orange PvP gear.

Edited by mSum

My hell this guy is slow...

Oh come on now. You have to admit it's a confusing system. I think it would help a lot if BW would put in a pop-up whenever you moused over one of the currency icons so you knew what the hell they were. The merc commendations for example are hard to see in the tiny icon next to the Champ bags. And then I think everyone in the game asked "where do I get those?" You have no idea what they are even called because there isn't a pop-up. You have to ask someone which is hard because you don't know what they are called or you have a big enough monitor that you can see the tiny icon and figure out you can buy them for 30 WZ comm. Then you're like *** I have to buy them? Can't I earn them? No you can't, you buy them...why exactly? Why not just increase the cost in WZ commendations and get rid of Merc Commendations?

It's the most convoluted system ever.

Edited by mSum

My hell this guy is slow...

No, he never said what gear he meant.

But anyway, it will still take a while till I can get that other gear so I think I will buy the Lvl 40 PVP armour and I need other kinds of commendations for Centurion/Champion/Battlemaster gear too.

• 2 weeks later...