The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Storm & Harpoon Issues

Xecutive

I have had a few issues with these abilities recently. I figured I would come here and see if it's just me or if others are having the same problems as me. If it's a common occurring issue for others I will begin to submit tickets in game when it happens.

So here we go!

Storm:

There are many times when the charge effect places me in an awkward direction. For example, if a target has their back to me and I will engage them with storm but instead of having the target directly in front of me i go past them and they are at my back. It's not awful but I hate having to turn around to continue my rotation.

Harpoon:

Basically the same thing as Storm. I will harpoon people and instead of landing in front of me they will land behind me. I am not moving at the time because I am standing on the very edge of a bridge so they will fall in the lower pit area away from aid. Also, when a targets resolve bar isn't full/white it doesn't reliably yank them to me. Sometimes it works sometimes doesn't.

So, is it just me or are other people having similar issues with these abilities?

I've never had that happen. Are you playing on a wireless connection? Check your packetloss

queue for warfront

when it pops, do this:

alt-tab out of the game

start -> run -> cmd (brings up dos shell)

type ping google.com -t

now tab back in to the game and do the warfront.

when done, tab back out. type ctr+c to break the ping.

if you notice the strange placement behavior during that warfront, see if you have any packetloss. 1% is bad, 2% or more is very bad. you want 0%.

Bad client/server sync and with the way the engine is performing in general my money is on the issue being on BW's side...after rerolling on one of the the largest servers recently I've had these issues much more than I used to as well.

It's one of the reasons I'm looking at Assault/Tactics builds much more favourably now and am considering ditching the staple Storm/Gut one.

When using storm you will land where the target was when used the ability. Yes, I know it immobilizes them, but with timing this can be exploited.

Harpoon behaves in much the same way in that it pulls them to where you were when you activated the ability. This can be used to your advantage when running over fire traps that are about to become active or moving through the acid pits.

I actually would prefer that harpoon continue to work this way, but would like to see storm fixed.