Battlemaster Itemization

Luxidenstore

After having a lot of accuracy/power stats, I'm now getting more and more accuracy/crit pieces (strange combination IMO) and I'm wondering.. Is it really worth it?

I'm annihilation spec FYI and I liked the performance I got out of my champ set with a few customized pieces. Will I get better performance out of the crit? Because the rest of stat increases seem underwhelming if I won't.

What are your thoughts on this? And what kind of crit rate should I be aiming for?

After having a lot of accuracy/power stats, I'm now getting more and more accuracy/crit pieces (strange combination IMO) and I'm wondering.. Is it really worth it?

I'm annihilation spec FYI and I liked the performance I got out of my champ set with a few customized pieces. Will I get better performance out of the crit? Because the rest of stat increases seem underwhelming if I won't.

What are your thoughts on this? And what kind of crit rate should I be aiming for?

I would switch out any enhancements with Accuracy on it with the Crit/Surge or Power/Surge enhancement, The gear just has way too much accuracy on it. You can salvage the crit/surge enhacements from the Champion gloves, or a Power/Surge one from the Imperial Agent Gloves i believe. How many you switch out is up to you. I believe 30% crit is good for annihilation to have.

Have 71,something surge atm from some modded champ pieces and the BM implants. Can already feel the DR a bit. Wil get it to 75 then

I don't get why they put accuracy on almost everything.

BM gear shares the same peripheral stats with Rakata gear (as Champion does with Columi, and Centurion does with Tionese). I think that current BM gear is a victim of poor itemization and nothing more - in terms of solid PvP stats.

Edited by Gruddy

BM gear shares the same peripheral stats with Rakata gear (as Champion does with Columi, and Centurion does with Tionese). I think that current BM gear is a victim of poor itemization and nothing more - in terms of solid PvP stats.

It seems so. Once you get into the BM gear you are pretty much up into the softcap for crit/surge which is around 400/300 (30%/75%). You're also going to be hitting big time DR in expertiese after 10% or so. After that you're trying to maximize your mainstat, endurance and power.

How to go about this?

Well, you back off on expertise, down to a around 500, since you can afford to lose 2-3% by substituting in a couple PvE pieces. Overall you'll gain more mainstat and endurance then the 2-3% expertise equates too and you'll have some other stat combo options to help prevent over equipping crit/surge/accuracy. Usually this means crit crafting some combination of bracers/belt/relic/columni ear/columni implant and adding in a +28% mainstat augment.

For Marauders the best I can work out is to crit craft bracers/belt/relic as that will put you a little above 500 expertise then buying extra BM gear to fill all slots with the power mod (because it has more str/end), then pull champion enhancements out of the operative gear until you get up to 400 crit/300 surge, and use BM accuracy/power enhancements for the rest.