Target issue with Hammer shot

Reroka

I am having an issue with hammer shot. I try to open with this ability because I am such a low level right now.

I have this ability as F1, however when I hit that to start my attack it will no auto target the closest target to me. I have to use one of my other abilities. Can some one help me? figure this out.

Thanks.

you guys do realise there's an option to auto-select nearest enemy when using an attack move, right?

and the OP says this seems to function with all moves except hammer shot.

as for similar experiences, i have the same problem with targeting with the tab key and for auto-targeting nearest enemy with any skill except the AOE target skills like hail of bolts or mortar volley.

as for the solution, i don't know. i would also like to know if this is a universal problem and if it's a known issue or if i need to fix something on my end to make it work properly.

For those missing the reason behind it: the auto-targeting works when performing a purely offensive ability. If you hit full auto, the game knows that you want to hurt something and if you enabled the "too lazy to pick targets" option, it picks a target for you at random.

Hammer Shot is dual use, though. It can be used to harm enemies, but with CSC enabled, it can also be used to heal. The game can't read your mind, though. If you hit HS with no target selected, it doesn't know if you now want to hurt an enemy or wanted to heal the guy next to you.

Anyways, in my book the proper fix is: remove that auto-targeting completely. I've seen too many wipes just because some lazy / incompetent DD had auto-targeting enabled and just kept spamming damage and thus the game made him shoot at a stunned target or even at enemies which the group was not even fighting yet. Thus i feel no sympathy for this option or its users.

Edited by Sylow

What Sylow said.

I deactivted the auto-target feature for good after pulling adds a few times while in a group... really embaressing. :S

(With auto-target on > Target dies before your attack connects to it with other mobs in range = add pull or CC breaker ...and you dont want that)

Thanks this helps a lot

What Sylow said.

I deactivted the auto-target feature for good after pulling adds a few times while in a group... really embaressing. :S

(With auto-target on > Target dies before your attack connects to it with other mobs in range = add pull or CC breaker ...and you dont want that)