Sith Warrior Story Bumming

MariaJ

Sorry guys but the Sith Warrior Story is becoming boring to me. I mean being elected by a craven (coward) Dark Council member and being assigned to protect a stupid network of spies from a Jedi Padawan is really bumming.

But then again, I love destroying my foes and sparing NPCs and walking the Light Path. And I also love the gear that doesn't make me look more machine than human.

FYI: NO I'M NOT (BLEEP)ING TROLLING, I'M JUST EXPRESSING MY OPINION!

To any of you other Sith Warriors out there, can you express your own opinions and possible suggestions for a new Sith Warrior story?

AND NO PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME ANY COMMENTS LIKE: "Just don't play the class!" and "Troller." Give me kind opinions and comments.:):)

I'm currently leveling a Sith Warrior, and I'm loving the story so far.

I find Darth Baras to be an awesome character, and I really find myself wanting to stick a knife in his fat back; which is totally immersive, considering I'm a Sith. In my conversations, I'm always toady and even laconic, but I already have a Cunning Plan and I hope the game offers the opportunity to go with it...

The hunt for Jaesa Willsam is also pretty good so far. It makes you feel like your character is a predator closing in on his prey. Not unlike when Vader was chasing Luke's trail in Episode 5, come to think of it.

So far I haven't felt like the story is underwhelming or bumming. But I also haven't really tried the other classes' stories, so who knows - maybe they're just as good, if not better.

Personally, I would perfer my story around becoming a fully fledged Sith Apprentice to a Sith Lord who is at least kind and gives me assignments I'm interested in.

While in the Academy, I secretly build my own lightsaber instead of stealing that one out of Naga Shadow's Tomb from homemade materials scattered all over Korriban.

My assignments (like assissination, captures, fixing stuff, and inspiriation into our enemies and followers) would take me all the way from Dromund Kaas and Korriban... to Voss... to llum... and finally all the way back to Korriban to confront a certain Dark Council member who attempted to kill me!

During said assignments, I gain loyal allies to my cause (5 obviously):

An Imperial Trooper

A Dark-Side Jedi Knight I can eventually teach to walk the Light-Sided Sith Path

A Light-Sided Imperial Sniper

A Dark-Sided Sith Sorcerer I can teach to walk the Light-Sided Sith Path and even a love-interest

A Bounty Hunter

I haven't exactly completed the whole game but I'm just suggesting how most of it would go.:D:D

Did I forget to mention my Lv 10 Sith Warrior Outfit would look like these following pieces of clothing?:

Fervent Combat Vest

Fervent Battle Leggings

Fervent Combat Bracers

Fervent Combat Waistcord

Fervent Combat Gloves

Fervent Combat Boots

WARNING: PIECES OF CLOTHING MAYBE BETA-THEMED OR NOT-YET-RELEASED!!!!!!

The only thing I'd change about the Sith Warrior story would be

allow us to kill Quinn after he betrays us and replace him with Magada-Ru as our healer

Heh if only I could behead him in a quick and painless way instead of using Force Choke (WHICH I HATE). Besides where I'm from (Democriban), treason=immediate execution.

I'm playing the story a second time. The first run through was as a light juggernaut and this time as a neutral marauder. I found the first time to be fairly engaging - more so than any of the other class stories I've worked on.

I thought that if I redid it as dark instead of light it would feel like a much different experience but honestly it just felt like I was clicking red instead of blue. I'm immensely enjoying making the choices myself and having to think about the consequences of everything I do.

And for the record I don't consider myself neutral, or gray. I'm purple. (:

As far as that spoily thing, I would have been happy if they had simply

allowed me to convince him not to go through with it.

It would have made the most sense for my character.

Edited by grania

allow us to kill Quinn after he betrays us and replace him with Magada-Ru as our healer

Never really thought of her as as an option for the replacement (and being MASSIVE Quinn hater I thought of many). Lmao wow, it would be pretty awesome tbh ;d

I actually really liked the story; all the classes drag in spots, and have planets where it basically comes down to 'grab this one thing for your class quest, but mostly just do the sidequests', but I found the Sith Warrior engaging.

What I'd like in the future is a bit more in the way of a personal conflict/questioning for my Warrior about where her duty lies; I went through the entire storyline feeling like I was clearly on the right side in everything, fighting for the good of the Empire and serving the Emperor's will in everything I did. But what I'd like... Well.

Those were things that Quinn, for instance, saw as being at odds with one another at one point, and I'd like that for my Sith too, to have to question what her duty is, what her position as a ruler in the Empire, as the Emperor's Wrath, as a Sith, really means, and how they all tie together, when it's not so clear-cut. When fulfilling the requirements of one of those positions means failing at another.

So I guess I want the storyline to do more to reveal just what kind of Sith our Warriors are, and what it is they're fighting for. But it has to be something huge, something significant; random Imperial grunt #237 dying if I obey this stupid order from the Council/Emperor won't really do it, while, say, Dromund Kaas being destroyed might.

Also I want to kill more Jedi! Give us a special Empire-instance of Tython, like you get for Balmorra/Taris/etc., and let me slaughter my way through the Temple or something.

Personally, I would perfer my story around becoming a fully fledged Sith Apprentice to a Sith Lord who is at least kind and gives me assignments I'm interested in.

A kind Sith Lord... erm, that's not meant to happen. Yes, there are light siders who are part of the Sith organization, but they have to hide their loyalties, or they're hunted down and killed with extreme prejudice. This is actually all explained in the SW storyline later on; you'll be helping them or hunting them down, or rather one of your companions will be.

While I understand where you're coming from, you should recognize that you're choosing to play a rebel; someone within an organization who doesn't share the views of that organization. You shouldn't expect a master to share your views. There are, and there can be, no overtly light-sided Sith within the Empire; they're weak and must be destroyed, according to all the others. Yes, they exist, but it's in secret.

While in the Academy, I secretly build my own lightsaber instead of stealing that one out of Naga Shadow's Tomb from homemade materials scattered all over Korriban.

The Sith are much more inclined to plunder tombs and steal old artifacts than bother to make things themselves. You're of course free to find your own path, but again in doing so, you should be clear that you're not going to be supported from within the Sith organization.

My assignments (like assissination, captures, fixing stuff, and inspiriation into our enemies and followers) would take me all the way from Dromund Kaas and Korriban... to Voss... to llum... and finally all the way back to Korriban to confront a certain Dark Council member who attempted to kill me!

Who's to say that won't happen regardless? :D

During said assignments, I gain loyal allies to my cause (5 obviously):

An Imperial Trooper

A Dark-Side Jedi Knight I can eventually teach to walk the Light-Sided Sith Path

A Light-Sided Imperial Sniper

A Dark-Sided Sith Sorcerer I can teach to walk the Light-Sided Sith Path and even a love-interest

A Bounty Hunter

I understand where you're coming from again here; in time, I hope they add more companions, and allow the choice of dark side/light side to influence which companions are available. That's not in game yet.

You DO have a chance to choose the alignment of one of your companions though. Your actions will save or damn someone, so to speak.

Absolutely agreed. If I need a replacement for that combat function, there's one on my ship already.

Actual character development does appear to be lacking but this is for all characters, not just SW. ME2 might be a rarity in that the way you play has a dramatic effect on the outcome. SWToR has us mostly on rails. We start out taking orders from one guy and end by taking orders from another and our decisions have only minor impact upon the story itself and none upon the outcome

This is the drawback of having eight class story lines and the need to give everyone equal footing at level 50. It's a necessary sacrifice to allow all classes to remain viable throughout levelling and at end game. Of course arguments can be made that my toon would not have backed down from this fight, or given that guy a ride on his ship, or would have tried to seduce the hot alien on Wolf 359, etc. But in the end we are not actually writing the story for our character. We are playing a role in a play rather than in a RPG because our lines have all been written for us. Try telling your class quest giver to "Stuff it! I'll make my own way through the galaxy." And see how far you get.

But before you complain too much about the writing consider this; Once you marry your ship love interest they stop talking to you. Kudos to BW for the most realistic protrayal of marriage I've ever seen. ;)

You want to be a Jedi then.

Nah! When I made Jedi before, half of the time I made dark side decisions and I'm not not exactly interested in dipolamatic missions like the Jedi either!

HA! And I hate taking out those Flesh Raiders too because they're weak.

And the Jedi could've just simply wiped them out with a bomb or something and the Twi'leks and the Jedi wouldn't have to be dealing with that stupid Flesh Raider problem!:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

A kind Sith Lord... erm, that's not meant to happen. Yes, there are light siders who are part of the Sith organization, but they have to hide their loyalties, or they're hunted down and killed with extreme prejudice. This is actually all explained in the SW storyline later on; you'll be helping them or hunting them down, or rather one of your companions will be.

While I understand where you're coming from, you should recognize that you're choosing to play a rebel; someone within an organization who doesn't share the views of that organization. You shouldn't expect a master to share your views. There are, and there can be, no overtly light-sided Sith within the Empire; they're weak and must be destroyed, according to all the others. Yes, they exist, but it's in secret.

The Sith are much more inclined to plunder tombs and steal old artifacts than bother to make things themselves. You're of course free to find your own path, but again in doing so, you should be clear that you're not going to be supported from within the Sith organization.

Who's to say that won't happen regardless? :D

I understand where you're coming from again here; in time, I hope they add more companions, and allow the choice of dark side/light side to influence which companions are available. That's not in game yet.

You DO have a chance to choose the alignment of one of your companions though. Your actions will save or damn someone, so to speak.

HA HA! I guess that's what happens when you write stories about a huge defector group of light-sided Sith! Oh well. :D:D

I just

corrupted Jaesa Willsaam

and I have to say, the Sith Warrior's story is indeed awesome so far. Can't wait to do more, but now I can't help but wonder how good (or bad?!) the other seven stories are.

I've really enjoyed the SW story, personally. IMO it gets even better once you have Jaesa.

edited

But before you complain too much about the writing consider this; Once you marry your ship love interest they stop talking to you. Kudos to BW for the most realistic protrayal of marriage I've ever seen. ;)

ROFL.... that made me laugh at work ...