The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So I want to wear the slave girl chest and bottoms....

Tovenar

...but I guess I'll wear heavy armor on the rest of my body to really complete that "you have armor that by looks alone seems to have no function" look.

How badly gimped will I be?

I have played a male inquisitor for the past 50 or so levels. I feel the need to look at some bum for awhile.

Woo thanks for the response! I look forward to whatever "heavy" skimpy outfits they come out with.

Me and a bud are playing the Bounty and Agent class stories together statically and we want to level exclusively through social gear.

My jugg uses the slave girl bikini without any issues.

Of course the defense will be lower but keep in mind that not all attacks are mitigated by armour anyway when working out if the loss of armour is worth it.

This is incorrect. Most attacks ARE mitigated by armor. The ones that aren't are much fewer in number (or the spec relies on them heavily but does more consistent, less bursty damage to remain balanced).

90% of what a Sage/Sorc casts at you is mitigated by armor; only the internal damage DoT and 2 to 3 other attacks ignore armor. Powertechs/Vanguards do a lot of energy and kinetic damage if PyroTech (RS, RP, TD, Unload, Rapid Shots; only fire DoTs and Flame Burst ignore armor) but a lot elemental and internal damage if Adv. Prototype (FB, RB DoT, Immolate, Flamethrower; still, RP, RS and RB initial hit are affected by armor).

Most attacks bypass Defense (only affects melee and ranged blaster/weapon attacks) and Shield (does not block melee/ranged attacks that crit or any Tech/Force attacks), however.

Edited by Mapex