Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Vanguard/Powertech shared tree BURST is OP

psysention

Pyro is not a ranged class...

It's not melee either it's more close quarters. But this is just nit picking as i agree with your meaning, they still have to be in their faces as the melee abilities Rocket Punch/Stockstrike should be used every cooldown between Ion Pulse/Flame Burst while proc hunting which is only 10m anyway not giving much of a kiting gap. I die a helluva lot more without healers on my Vanguard than my ranged classes, is it as effective as those? Probably not but it would be close and is a helluva lot more fun to play.

On the rare occasion the RNG gods favour the class it does seem on the recieving end as though they have massive burst but for the most part it's less than other classes can do.

Edited by Kabaal

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think some people will not be happy until there is 4 classes/8 advanced with each mirrored opposite, and only one tree to go up thats the same for all, so everyone is actually the same...

Wweee now everyone just spams 1 button and combat is macro'd for all!

/sarcasm

I didn't know I could spam my railshot or td.

I totally must have misread the Rocket Punch and Flame Burst "melee" talents that reset it...

Pyro is not a ranged class...

I said the tree is not melee based and it isn't. The op is about the spec, you can get this spec on both the ranged and melee based AC. But the spec itself is NOT melee based. So -if- the spec is unbalanced (which I don't believe) then it has nothing to do with ranges. Again, incendiary and AP those are the talented abilities, and the other abilities with the most synergy in the tree are HIB and plasma cell, again 30m.

Just because you play vanguard or powertech doesn't mean the tree would be less broken, if it were. But its not imo. I just don't want people defending stuff with pure bs.

edit: sorry for sloppy posts, posting from my phone and not catching all the stupid auto corrects.

Edited by MartyrLXXVII

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.