The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Darth Maul isn't dead!?!?!?!?!

MrZerex

You really are being overly ridiculous and jaded. Obi-Wan and Anakin didn't hold any meaning? Seriously? You had me up until then but then your biased hate took over. That was one of the most emotional scenes of the trilogy, filled with deeper meaning by the setting (lakes and rivers of fire) and words (don't do it Anakin - I have the high ground - think of that from a moral perspective).

Your point would have held greater truth to it had you given the Obi-Ani prequel fight its due.

What am I biased against, please?

I don't care about SW. I'm not a fan. I'm objective because of that.

The referenced scene, due to the fact that the prequels spent too much time on special effects than character, was cold, static and boring - because I didn't care about the people in it. I had no emotional connect to them.

It was poor acting and lame line writing of two characters that had as much depth as a puddle in the middle of the Sahara desert.

The meaning was not enhanced by the setting. Having them fight in utter stupidity (zipping around Tarzan-style on wires while vaguely waving their weapons at each other? Come ON!) didn't help, either.

It wasn't about redemption, obviously. It wasn't about Anakin turning to the dark side; he'd already done it. It wasn't about anything other than Anakin being a whining, self-centred, mindless, pathetic (really, really pathetic) idiot.

"I hate you!" he yelled, with all the petulence and effectiveness of a three-year-old.

Come on. The only emotion I got out of that moment was laugher at how inane it was.

If you were right, I'd agree with you.

But I have no bias, here. I can look at the entirety of the movies with an objective nature that it's impossible to find in the "fanboy."

Edited by Stelakh

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"How could Darth Maul be alive?"

Well, he WAS cut in half. However, Dave Filoni, director for the Clone Wars animated cartoon, had this to say:

"I can specifically remember being in the theater during The Phantom Menace and watching Darth Maul ... split apart, and I literally thought, 'Ha ha ha, that's so no one can bring him back to life.' Because Boba Fett could come out of that sarlacc pit a hundred different times and a hundred different ways, and I bet you George never intended that to happen."

Well, apparently he's got to eat his words. (especially considering that Darth Maul is being brought back on the specific instructions of George Lucas)

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/12/star-wars-clone-wars-darth-maul/

How is it strange that Boba comes in the clone wars series when we all know he gets killed a long time after the clone wars?

It looks very normal to me that he makes hes apearance there...

Edited by Maffer

I was watching a video about Sam Witwer's voice activng for it, and he was talking about how they were referencing the sith code alot with his character, but then i noticed that the line had been used in a previous episode. In the Mortis arc, when Ahsoka is held captive by Son, and he is pretending to be a fellow prisoner he says "the chains, the chains are the easy part, its what goes on in here thats hard." Was that a recycled clip from when he was recording for the mortis episodes, or is there some kind of implyed connection between Son and Maul, or do you think its just a way of referencing another character he has played...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=331015410283400&set=a.184244804960462.62918.169299103121699&type=1&ref=nf

*** he died no way he survived. Anyone have any plausible explanation as to why Darth Maul is in The CLONE WARS.

Its probably because Star Wars Clone Wars 3-D series is crap and not cannon

When did anything in the Phantom Menace, Clone Wars, or Revenge of the Sith made any sense? I found it more unbelieveable that Padme decides to marry Anakin after he mass murders a whole village of sand people, including the women and children. Then in Revenge of the Sith it was too much when he did the same exact thing again! Anakin almost whole purpose and final push in turning to the dark side was to save Padme's life yet at the end he almost kills her haha.

Also what happens to Anakin at the end when he is basically chopped in half too! Loses his arms too and is basically burnt into a crisp. AND HE LIVED through all that?!

Those 3 movies alone were filled with unbelieveable feats and stupid plot holes. The sad thing is those movies are now canon. Wish someone would remake them, like the director of Empire Strikes Back.