Bioware Wen are we gonna get more char slots?

Noxsabe

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already posted in another thread, but seeing as how this one seems to be the longest and the OP lists other threads I figured I'd post here as well. Yes, please, more character slots. I was looking forward to playing a couple different classes twice just to see how different I could make things by doing the complete opposite of the first toon. But because I'm a story junky I also want to play all the different classes so I can experience all different sides to the story. Add to that the new race unlocks that will come with the legacy system and there's no way only 8 slots can accommodate all that. I don't want to have to make toons on different servers just so I can play a class more than once. Again, please more character slots. Twelve would be nice, but sixteen would be awesome.

working on a 5th 50, and just now they drop the ball that you get certain percs leveling up classes....either give me character slots or give me the ability to change races either or when I fill up my character slots, I'm done.

how am i suppose to open every race with only 8 slots. if bioware wasn't implementing legacy with rewards from both factions i wouldn't care. if u are like me i planned on making 2 of every class so i can try both advanced class types. doing this leaves no slots to get faction rewards and races through legacy system. so now i am stuck on choice of do i make some republic characters on my imp server. only 2 options to fix this give more slots or make legacy account bound not server bound.

I also would like to see more character slots. My suggestion would be one additional character slot for every 5 legacy levels. This would allow us to expand our family, give us the option of playing both advance classes for each character class, and enjoy the storylines for all classes, even light and dark if we desire.

Bioware, you can clearly see there are people that want 16 character slots per server. It's something you will need to do in order for your players to get the most out of your legacy system. You have big plans to allow a lot of expansion with your legacy system, along with new species, but 8 character slots puts a limit to how much a player can get out of it.

I really hope you consider adding 8 more slots per server(total 16). I also hope you do it soon after the big patch hits because I don't think you wanted people deleting previous characters just to make room for a new potential species alt. The threads that are pouring out are because we just need a response or some feedback on our suggestions.

There are some very good ideas in this thread and I hope you take note of them Bioware.

Backed, as said in another topic, would be perfect to have more slots 8, 16 would be great to take full advantage of the legacy system, and I see no reason not to implement them, because there would no problem to the server. Please Bioware in 8 more character slots

I fullheartedly support more character slots. With the implementation of hte legacy system there is no way I want to start a new legacy all over on a different server. I want more character slots per server so i can add to my legacy, try out different race and advanced class combinations, and so on. I think more character slots should either be a legacy unlock, or available for a small fee, or both.

I fullheartedly support more character slots. With the implementation of hte legacy system there is no way I want to start a new legacy all over on a different server. I want more character slots per server so i can add to my legacy, try out different race and advanced class combinations, and so on. I think more character slots should either be a legacy unlock, or available for a small fee, or both.

I'd be more than willing to pay a small fee if it meant being able to expand the amount of character slots available to me on one server. Accounts actually have 40 slots total available for making characters on any server. You can only ever use eight of those on any given server. It would be great if players could allocate all of those 40 slots to one server, but just being able to get eight more would be okay. (I find it to be a terrible waste to not be able to use even one of an account's total character slots if a player only want to play on one server, but that's just my opinion.)

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

I'd be more than willing to pay a small fee if it meant being able to expand the amount of character slots available to me on one server. Accounts actually have 40 slots total available for making characters on any server. You can only ever use eight of those on any given server. It would be great if players could allocate all of those 40 slots to one server, but just being able to get eight more would be okay. (I find it to be a terrible waste to not be able to use even one of an account's total character slots if a player only want to play on one server, but that's just my opinion.)

certainly would be willing to pay a fee if necessary also (if free better ahaha)

It concerns me, at the guild summit Bio actually said "level, level, level!" With only eight slots and limited end game content (I am not complaining, it is a new mmo) people are left with only option of filling those 8 slots trying the other classes. Now the soon to be released legacy system requires level 50 for certain unlocks. At the start of this mmo there was not enough slots to try all advanced classes from both sides. I hate to say it but it feels like some day soon there will be a grand announcement of additional slots....for a price per slot.

My question for you computer folks is this: Is there some difficulty in allowing 8/16/32 whatever slots per server?

I'm just glad there is no upper limit to characters in general.

Ideally, I would make 48 characters; one for each AC / skill tree, so I'm just glad that I can do that. I probably never will, but that is my long term goal.

Actually as I understand it, there's a limit of 40 total characters over all servers.

I vote for more character slots! :jawa_biggrin:

Sure I admit being an Altoholic but I just can't help myself LoL

* Even 10 slots would make me very happy

* 16 slots would be perfect

* I'm willing to pay for extra slots

* I really like the story lines and would enjoy doing them again in the future

* Sooner or later they will add more classes & races

* I'm willing to drop character limit from 40 to 32 for more slots

* No disadvantage to those that only want 1 or 2 characters

* Has zero effect on other players if I have 8 or 16 characters on same server

* Gives us a huge credit & time sink

* Having 2 factions dont mean anything because we cant play more then one at a time

* The legacy system pushes for players to have alts

* I would love to unlock each race without deleting my characters

* I would love to have all 16 advance classes without deleting my characters

* I dont want to be on a different server as I really like the one I'm on now.

And lastly...

If you really like a movie, do you not always watch it more then once?

/signed

This sums it up for me. I was so excited to see the changes in the legacy system with this patch until I realized I was screwed because of the character limits. Please oh pretty please increase the slots. I want to take full advantage of the legacy system.

Actually as I understand it, there's a limit of 40 total characters over all servers.

You are correct, and I would love to be able to use all of them on the server of my choosing. I'm even willing to pay a fee for each character slot allocated to my preferred server, if it comes down to that.

During the live stream of the guild summit, they clarified they have no intention of increasing amount of character slots in the near or not so near future.

Weird, 'cause one of my kinnies was pretty sure they would add more character slots some time...

anyway: /signed wholeheartedly! I want more slots!