PvE Set Bonuses, Combat Tech Bonuses are off compared to Elim.

exphryl

Eliminator Bonus:

(2) Increases the critical chance of Power Shot and Tracer Missile or Charged Bolts and Grav Round by 15%

(4) Reduces the cost of Rail Shot by 8 or the cost of High Impact Bolt by 1.

Combat Tech Bonus:

(2) Reduces the cooldown of Explosive Fuel or Battle Focus by 15 seconds.

(4) Increases the damage of Rail Shot and High Impact Bolt by 8%.

The more I look at these, the more I get frustrated with teh Combat Tech Bonus. I find the two piece for that, useless. Who doesn't use Fuel with their trinket? (Which is also on a 2 min cooldown) so that makes the set bonus *useless* for either Merc or Powertech

The Crit bonus is nice and benefits both.

Eliminator on the other hand has a double bonus for Mercs, where PTs can only make any use of the 4pc.

Seems to me, slightly off. And I know "Blah blah eliminator is Merc gear and Combat Tech is PT Gear" but doesn't hide the fact the 2PC Combat Tech is worthless and filler.

For example, in a PvE Encounter, most of the bosses have say, a 6 and a half minute enrage timer. (Some are just flat 6 minutes and others potentially longer, i.e SOA is based off of his last phase entirely for enrage)

Under regular cooldown you get 3 uses of Explosive Fuel before the Enrage hits.

With the Set Bonus, you get, 3...uses of Explosive fuel before the enrage hits.. (You'll get your 4th 15 secs after enragee).

So we have to take this stupid set bonus to make use of our 4pc where a Merc can benefit from both of theirs.

Edited by exphryl

Gotta agree. That 2pc does more harm than good. Doesn't surprise me after the 2pc set bonus for the PVP Combat Tech has been broken for 2 months. I've yet to log on today and see if the patch fixed it, but I will be very surprised if it did.

Every merc set bonus is better than the equivalent PT bonus. Not to mention there are off-set pieces for every set of gear except Combat Tech. Bioware hates powertechs.