space combat warzones (pvp)

Cordarn

what I stated in the title, you could make space combat warzones for perhaps wiping the enemy fleet thats invading. Here are my suggestions:

fly into dreadnoughts get your ship repaired, take control of a dreadnought, or lesser ships. The person who flies into the dreadnought or whatever flies the ship while others man the turrets. Fly into enemy ships and take it over, etc. Im sure their is tons of things you guys could add to this! So keep the comments coming for new Ideas and perhaps link this thread on your signature and type "Space combat warzones, support here (link)" So come on with the comments!

Edited by Cordarn

That's what me and the husband had hoped for with SWTOR. Still could definitely happen I hope, but then I wonder if there wouldn't be lag issues and the like, as right now the space missions do not seem to depend on lag and as we know, take us through a pre-determined track...

But I bet they could figure it out. If they wanted to.

Oh i have a great idea of a space combat!! input the game "Battlefront II" that had a killer space combat where you had to take out battle cruisers (generators, turrets, what ever) it was a freaking awesome game. you could even board the ship and destroy the shields, turrets from with-in the battlecruiser, all you had to do was land in there bay and get out of your fighter, run to the elevators and fight your way to the shield controls or what ever you wanted to destroy! oh GOD please Bioware PUT THAT IN, your game will increase in population, that game was so popular back in the days !!!

Best Space combat i'v ever played !!!

Oh i have a great idea of a space combat!! input the game "Battlefront II" that had a killer space combat where you had to take out battle cruisers (generators, turrets, what ever) it was a freaking awesome game. you could even board the ship and destroy the shields, turrets from with-in the battlecruiser, all you had to do was land in there bay and get out of your fighter, run to the elevators and fight your way to the shield controls or what ever you wanted to destroy! oh GOD please Bioware PUT THAT IN, your game will increase in population, that game was so popular back in the days !!!

I agree that was a fun game.

What would make this better? If Guild capital ships came around allow Guild Premades to have THERE capital ship in the warzone. This would allow a whole new level of immersion knowing that your fighting inside your own Guilds battle cruiser.

100% agree that would be awesome, would be cool to have this as like a guild siege or something to take out the opposing guilds captiol....

anything to get some guild v guild rivalry going, I feel this game has nothing like that.

especially because general chat is separated by faction as well.

All this comes with Space Combat 2.0 guys. They would have to do a ton of work to make a space warzone. They are working on new space things now (free roam is hoped). When that comes, space PVP probably will too. Dont expect this for at least a year. They are doing a ton of work right now on other stuff and they can't just use all the same stuff to copy/paste into space. It's entirely different.

• 2 weeks later...
Why restrict it to pre-made guilds? Since it seems alot of them have died off anyway. Make it so if you can capture it and keep it its yours. Maybe reduced repairs, stim, and mod replacement cost reduced while on the ship thats yours. If you capture and hold more ships more power to you. Just giving a ship has no challenge and no meaning. Edited by ColSniperRecon

• 3 months later...

I too played SWBF2, and the space combat blew my mind! (Aside from the fact the CIS never got those dohnut shaped space stations -.- and the lack of interior space) You run with this idea, add a couple features and son, you're looking at the most innovative Warzone SINCE the Battlefront series. Speaking of Battlefront, LET LUCAS ARTS KNOW THERE IS A DEMAND FOR BATTLEFRONT 3! IT HAS BEEN 7 YEARS!