So Tired Of Pretending...

Tadshackles

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really enoying the game but have played it so very casuaully that it will take me another month to reach max level on any of my characters. SWTOR is a very, very fun game. I just hope that they continue to add more content and really give us more fluff elements to whittle away the time. In my opinion, WoW (and other MMOs) did this very well and kept me happily chasing that carrot on a stick for years. I still think that SWTOR has much growing to do to make it into my top three MMO spots but I'm sure it will get there. So far, it has had a very solid start.

OP is right 110% on this.

Thats how it is for most of us, we play a game, most times, because nothing else out there to replace it with and to our suprise a new game comes along and its THE game you needed to drop the other one.

Its a cycle for sure, but SWTOR was also the one that made me quit previous mmo and now im on to new and better things...

This game is fantastic FOR ME and will keep playing it for a while now. :)

thx BW :)

I agree entirely with original poster.

Well, with the exception that I personally had rather high expectations, and I was still not disappointed. SWTOR was even the game that convinced me to seriously try a MMO, for many years I had been perfectly content with single-player-games (with good stories and narratives). I have seen most of the other MMOs of the last 10 years or so, and tested quite a few that my friends had, but never felt any actual desire to play them; I just got the impression that the story and setting was in general inferior to what many single-player-games could offer. I am personally not much for pvp, even if I do greatly enjoy flashpoints and such.

Well, the fact that you could play as a Jedi in the Star Wars universe, defending the Old Republic from the evil of the Sith, may also have contributed to my decision... :rolleyes:

With the exception of occasional bugs (which quite a few single-player-games have had longer than two or three months after launch), I really can’t find anything which is really bad with the game. And when it comes to bugs, I have 1) never faced a game breaking bug that made me unable to play, although I have seen a few quite annoying ones, and 2) that all these bugs (with the exception of random codex entries, which are not really game breaking) have been fixed within three months from launch. The Customer Service isn’t as bad as everybody says, just that they should really do something about the automated ‘protocol droids’ that drive people crazy, and have made me occasionally more annoyed than necessary for minor bugs.

SWTOR is not yet perfect; it’s great already, but it has the potential of becoming so much more. The young padawans just need to learn patience... :cool:

Also good to see that the forum isn’t just for all the haters... :)

Once they fix most of the bugs and add new content, this game will topple WOW imo. ;)

I could understand this comment before or even at launch, but now?! Come on, with all thats going on in the game and on the boards? You would have to be out of your mind on PCP or something to think that swtor will ever topple wow at this stage.

In fact, its coming up to the point, and I dont think its here yet but its coming, that the damage done might be too much to come back from, and the horrid memories people have of the problems now may well stop them from ever coming back to even check any future changes.

Tbh, if there isnt some drastic changes made and soon, I think swtor will struggle not to topple right off the whole mmo scene.

I agree with OP. After years with my first MMO I was ready for something new. I wandered MMO to MMO being disappointed time and time again. Then I got SWTOR and I'm reminded why I fell in love with MMO's in the first place.

The magic of the MMO genre came racing back to me here and I predict a long happy relationship. :cool:

Right. I truly dont dislike the game but only the way it was done.

In between cases through the day, I hop on the forums because, while I cannot play from my mobile device, I can keep connected with what's up on the forums.

Because I like the game.

There, that wasn't hard, was it?

Once they fix most of the bugs and add new content, this game will topple WOW imo. ;)

Nah this game wont be a WoW killer, neither will GW2 despite what it's devout fans want to believe. Fixing the bugs will go along way though to helping this game establish itself as a long term success execpt in the eyes of the haters if your game doesn't have 10 million subscribers then it's automatically classed a failure just as rift was declared, now as swtor is being declared.

But nice enthusiasm keep it up, it's nice to see some postive things now and then rather than the same old hater crap i've been seeing for the last 7 years^^

I truly dont dislike the game.

You have said the game sucks on more than one occasion.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2871004&highlight=sucks#post2871004

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2844447&highlight=sucks#post2844447

But in 3 more days you no longer have to worry about it .... right?

Edited by zrinking

He is.

Never misses an opportunity to jump in any positive topic about the game to tell everyone how bad it is.

I have to agree with this as evident by his posts in just about every thread. 500+ posts have been made by him and the majority of it spent on incoherent things like whining and calling people fanboys for pointing out people like him have nothing better to do than troll forums and attempting to derail any positive thread with his garbage.

Edit: 900+ alot more than just 500

Edited by Berazad

what you mean is "when they FINISH the game it might be something close to playable"

thank god i still got Rift to play... im finding myself playing less and less swtor every day. still got 3 weeks left on my sub so ill stay around for now.

While every MMO that I have ever played has issues, few of them grab me in a way that makes me want to play them. I enjoy SWTOR a lot and I know it will get better with time. The one thing that sets this game apart for me is the attention to detail this game plays. While a lot of features could use some work the one thing this game has brought forward for me is I have made a great group of in game friends who are more mature than I am accustomed to in a lot of MMO's. There will always be haters no matter what game comes out but the ones screaming Doom in this game will just be like the ones screaming doom in previous popular MMO's, they will end up being mad when their doomsday prophesies fail.

what you mean is "when they FINISH the game it might be something close to playable"

thank god i still got Rift to play... im finding myself playing less and less swtor every day. still got 3 weeks left on my sub so ill stay around for now.

Thank God you still have Rift, why else would you ... be...

trolling the SWTOR forums...

wait....

OH! Of course! (Sorry had to look at your post history, I understand now ;) )

I love how everyone is playing super sleuth now and going through peoples old posts etc constantly, I havent seen this so prevalent in any other games boards before lmao

I suppose its just a testament to the current state of affairs in game, I mean really... data mining peoples old forum posts.. LMFAO

Edited by muzzle_flash

I love how everyone is playing super sleuth now and going through peoples old posts etc constantly, I havent seen this so prevalent in any other games boards before lmao

I suppose its just a testament to the current state of affairs in game, I mean really... data mining peoples old forum posts.. LMFAO

Trolls should be held accountable for their past remarks when they change their tune on a day by day basis.

While every MMO that I have ever played has issues, few of them grab me in a way that makes me want to play them. I enjoy SWTOR a lot and I know it will get better with time. The one thing that sets this game apart for me is the attention to detail this game plays. While a lot of features could use some work the one thing this game has brought forward for me is I have made a great group of in game friends who are more mature than I am accustomed to in a lot of MMO's. There will always be haters no matter what game comes out but the ones screaming Doom in this game will just be like the ones screaming doom in previous popular MMO's, they will end up being mad when their doomsday prophesies fail.

This is true

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=13301

This here dates back to august 2004 shortly before WoW was released in the November of that year, the games had haters since before day one even began and that game turned around it's problems to become the biggest MMO in history, in time SWTOR will grow but it'll never be a WoW killer thats for sure.

Finally, a thread I can grab on. I have had an EQ subscription (six) in fact for over a decade now. This is only the second game that has caused me to cancel or stop subbing to that game. Lotro was the other and it had a mature player base too as someone mentioned.

Lotro was built on story just like SWTOR but did not have the videos. I love this game and I plan on playing 8 stories through to 50 and then see what else there is to do. By that time, they should have added more content just like every other game has over time.

Good job Bioware. As usual though as anyone that has played Baldurs Gate 2, Dragon Age and Mass Effect can attest. Now just don't do this game like you did Dragon Age when you expand.

It's a simple quick check to find out how much stock I can put into someone's post.

If every one of your posts is how awful ANYTHING is in the game, and always the same dumb statements... I'm not really going to respect, or care about, what you have to say.

But if you put a ragepost up, I take a quick peek at your post history and you have put some insightful posts up about what they could fix, or why something is bad... I either won't respond to it, or I may even agree.

I have a lot of respect for people's opinions, I just don't care to hear about them in every other post that goes up when it's the same exact raging over and over by the same person.

Trolls should be held accountable for their past remarks when they change their tune on a day by day basis.

Well actually no, the best thing to do when you notice someone is trolling, is: "Dont feed them"

Don't engage, dont respond, nothing. The only thing you do is give them what they want.

Though in saying that, calling troll has become the primary defense mechanism of a lot of people on these boards when confronted with real issues, so maybe a quick glance to check isnt as crazy as it seems in my mind. I dunno, I just dont think I would spend the time on it...

It's a simple quick check to find out how much stock I can put into someone's post.

If every one of your posts is how awful ANYTHING is in the game, and always the same dumb statements... I'm not really going to respect, or care about, what you have to say.

But if you put a ragepost up, I take a quick peek at your post history and you have put some insightful posts up about what they could fix, or why something is bad... I either won't respond to it, or I may even agree.

I have a lot of respect for people's opinions, I just don't care to hear about them in every other post that goes up when it's the same exact raging over and over by the same person.

Hmm the more I think about it, the more it does actually seem like something one would do when gauging someones credibility...

I dunno, maybe because it just seems like such a foreign act to me that I find it so strange..

Thank God you still have Rift, why else would you ... be...

trolling the SWTOR forums...

wait....

OH! Of course! (Sorry had to look at your post history, I understand now ;) )

idd im trolling, im bored at work but even so, it does not change a thing :)

trust me i love the sw universe, the pve aspect og the game is awesome i enjoyed alot wile leveling but i am and always have been a pvp player.

The pvp aspect of this game is very VERY poor, not to mention the "unfinished" feeling the game gives me. (and i do not have any kind of fps problems)