A small question

Milleeer

Hey guys, ive been playing SWTOR for 2 months now and this has been puzzling me for quite some time and no one ive asked has been able to answer, so here goes!

Basically i was wondering, if i were to level my social level up and buy a full set of say, sandpeople gear, from tat, would i be able to remove all the mods from my champ pvp gear and put them into that gear and keep exactly the same stats without and sort of penalty?

I don't see why not, but I have no clue if it would be so. The only difference I could see would be from the base stats of the armors unmodded but I think all base stats are the same.

You could try it and find out for us. :D

Edit: does social gear have mod slots?

Edited by killic

Hey guys, ive been playing SWTOR for 2 months now and this has been puzzling me for quite some time and no one ive asked has been able to answer, so here goes!

Basically i was wondering, if i were to level my social level up and buy a full set of say, sandpeople gear, from tat, would i be able to remove all the mods from my champ pvp gear and put them into that gear and keep exactly the same stats without and sort of penalty?

You will get the stats that are on the modifications, If there is a base stats (expertise) on the gear it wont carry over. (read above)

So simply do the math.

Orange gear is orange gear. It doesn't have base stats of its own, so on the surface I would say yes you can. However, I have no experience with Champion gear, you might not be able to.

I have seen a couple level 50s in a dancers costume, so that would lend a little evidence I think.

im going to try it out on some spare gear i have, ill post back here with a result!

Let me say it again, you can take everything out of the end-game tier gear (tionesse, columi, rakata, centurion, champion, and battlemaster) except for the armoring, which dictates armor rating, part of the primary stat (aim, willpower, strength, or cunning) and part of the endurance. You can take out the rest though. The Main hand, off hand, bracers, belt, implants, earpieces, and relics don't have removable pieces.

Let me say it again, you can take everything out of the end-game tier gear (tionesse, columi, rakata, centurion, champion, and battlemaster) except for the armoring, which dictates armor rating, part of the primary stat (aim, willpower, strength, or cunning) and part of the endurance.
... and the set bonus you get - at least that is what#s in the making for the next major patch.

The Main hand, off hand, bracers, belt, implants, earpieces, and relics don't have removable pieces.
I hope that's about to change, too. At least for main and off hand and belt. Gloves and bracers would be nice as well :)